PDA

View Full Version : Good website for some wise advice

ringram
August 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
1. Enter a turn at a speed too high for the vehicle to handle (if you do not drift, your vehicle should experience understeer at this speed).
2. Turn your wheels into the turn and stay on the throttle.
3. At this speed, your vehicle should start to experience understeer. When this happens or right before this happens, clutch in, but stay on the throttle.
4. By clutching in and staying on the throttle, your engine will now rev up to high rpms. As soon as this happens, dump the clutch, causing your rear wheels to break traction.
5. When you feel the vehicle’s rear end kicking out, immediately countersteer the wheels to face straight with the road. Your vehicle will pull in the direction of the front wheels, as long as the wheels are still moving. Keep on the throttle. If you press the brakes or let off the throttle because your vehicle is in an extremely oversteered condition, you will spin out or leave the road.
6. When you wish to straighten out your car, after completing the drift, let off the throttle smoothly and straighten out the wheels as your vehicle kicks in line behind the front tires.

http://www.driftsession.com/drift_techniques/clutchkick.htm

Plus loads of other good quality safety information.

joecar
August 13th, 2006, 08:34 AM
lol, that's disgusting....:eek:

Edit: I wonder how many "fast and furious" kids will read that site and go out to drift on the street...

TAQuickness
August 13th, 2006, 08:35 AM
i could make headlines with that

joecar
August 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I have seen some people at work break traction mid-corner and spin across the road...
lucky the road is very wide and there's nothing to hit (other than the curb).

emarkay
August 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I must be old, We used to call this fishtailing, or powersliding.

I wonder how many wrong wheel drive poseurs are befuddled when their Honda or Scion or Cavalier just won't do this no matter how much they try it... ;)

Maggie
August 16th, 2006, 03:48 AM

;)

LoL, I must be old too! Oh, wait, I am old. :frown:

Shoot, sounds like short track dirt racing to me!!!

TAQuickness
August 16th, 2006, 04:11 AM

I wonder how many wrong wheel drive poseurs are befuddled when their Honda or Scion or Cavalier just won't do this no matter how much they try it... ;)

Technique is slightly different. Cut wheel, pull parking brake, hit tree.

ringram
August 16th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Well Ive been practicing heal and toe stuff. 3hr journey this evening, I turned off the M1 motorway on the B roads for some curvy action, most excellent. Almost mounted a tractor though.
Starting to get good with the heal toe thing, its brilliant for cornering.

TAQuickness
August 16th, 2006, 08:19 AM
heal toe will greatly improve your ability to scare the poop out of yourself. A nice set of pedal overlays helps reduce the contortion of your right foot.