PDA

View Full Version : 2016 ram 2500 6.7 tune failed

Jamalfares
May 8th, 2024, 11:33 AM
Trucks getting fixed how do I delete this thread? Lmao.

Jim P
May 8th, 2024, 01:00 PM
Do you have an AutoCal or FlashScan? Basically the tuner didn’t set up your device correctly and it doesn’t have the required files loaded on it.

Jim P
May 8th, 2024, 01:02 PM
If I was back home, just south of Calgary I would come help you out but I’m in Louisiana till end of next month

Lennydmaxguy
May 8th, 2024, 01:10 PM
That error code means the BBX settings are incorrect. Install Efilive V8 on your computer, if you haven't already. Connect your Autocal to the computer. Open the F5: BBX tab in Efilive Scan and Tune. select Read at the bottom of the screen. Then look under the Tune tab and see if any controllers are listed. The one you need is CME CM3250B. Add that one if it isn't loaded already. Then select Program at the bottom of the screen. You should now be able to flash your truck.

I don't tune many Cummins trucks, and I've never bricked one, but on Duramax's, Efilive has a recovery mode if the previous flash failed. It just may get your truck working again.

got boost?
May 8th, 2024, 01:12 PM
Send me a pm, I can't send u one for some reason. Sounds like your autocal needs Bbx redone on it.

Jamalfares
May 8th, 2024, 01:47 PM
For some reason I can’t send you a message aswell.

Jamalfares
May 8th, 2024, 01:47 PM
The files are not bbx unfortunately

Jamalfares
May 8th, 2024, 01:48 PM
Yes efi live auto cal v3

Jim P
May 8th, 2024, 02:52 PM
The bbx needs to be set up on the autocal, the tuner should have done that before sending or before trying to write the tune to the truck

Jamalfares
May 8th, 2024, 03:04 PM
They used a AMDP tuning file I asked after talking to another tuner and he said they should be bbx I talked to the person that tried to tune the truck and he said they are not bbx files is there a way I can convert them to bbx files?

Jim P
May 8th, 2024, 05:44 PM
Straight up who ever you got your tuning from has no clue what he is talking about and you should get your money back from him. He is a retard, he has absolutely zero clue and has no business being in the tuning business. BBX is the configuration setup for your autocal to work on your truck, it has nothing to do with your tune file, it’s the configuration of your autocal. Get your money back from the guy and report him as an illegitimate person to get tuning from. Your autocal has to be configured to work on your truck before it can write the tune file to your truck.

Jim P
May 8th, 2024, 05:53 PM
https://service.efilive.com/kb/articles/configure-flashscan-and-autocal-for-bbx

Jim P
May 8th, 2024, 05:54 PM
Your controller is the CME, it needs to be configured for that.

Jamalfares
May 8th, 2024, 06:14 PM
OCDiesel is the one I got everything from I called today for a few questions that they would not answer requested a refund and got denied that refund I got fked hard on this. And now I have a brick sitting in front of my house.

Jamalfares
May 8th, 2024, 06:15 PM
Jim p can I message you directly?

Lennydmaxguy
May 8th, 2024, 09:21 PM
They used a AMDP tuning file I asked after talking to another tuner and he said they should be bbx I talked to the person that tried to tune the truck and he said they are not bbx files is there a way I can convert them to bbx files? No, you don't need a BBX file. You need to change BBX settings, as I outlined above. The tune file should be a CTZ file. You shouldn't need to do anything to it, if it's loaded on the Autocal.

Jim P
May 9th, 2024, 02:55 AM
yes you can, if it's not working sending me an pm you can email me at marchosiasdiesel@gmail.com

Jim P
May 9th, 2024, 02:56 AM
Never heard of OCDiesel

Jamalfares
May 9th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Sent you a email.

Jamalfares
May 9th, 2024, 03:32 AM
I will try this tonight when I am home thank you so much.