PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion about coasting down to idle

dianenelson
May 23rd, 2024, 08:17 PM
Hello,
I have a LS1 Auto. The main problem i have i coasting at 40 to 70 km the idle hangs on at around 1100 rpm and the car doesn't slow down. I think it is in the throttle follower but not sure what part requires attention
Any suggestions?

nonnieselman
May 30th, 2024, 12:08 PM
Hello,
I have a LS1 Auto. The main problem i have i coasting at 40 to 70 km the idle hangs on at around 1100 rpm and the car doesn't slow down. I think it is in the throttle follower but not sure what part requires attention
Any suggestions?

Throttle cracker tables. Or you have too much Idle airflow along with an aggressive throttle cracker table.

Post your tune and a datalog of it happening. Make sure to select Throttle cracker and follower PIDS.

Highlander
June 27th, 2024, 01:37 AM
To fix this you will have to do a bit of fudging on a few tables. You need to make sure idle timing gets enabled and create a pocket on idle area so ecm interpolates between 800-1200 cell and stays close to your desired idle coasting speed.

Schwanke Engines
July 10th, 2024, 02:47 AM
A lot of the time just disabling the Cracker Tables at lower speeds fixes this issue. Most Stock or smaller Cammed cars this works great on.