PDA

View Full Version : LQ4 BTR TruckNorris th400 tuning

KODmonsterTruck
August 12th, 2024, 11:19 PM
Howdy do everyone. Just started tuning for a monster truck ride that I built, runs okay after following some tutorials and converting from those HP tuners videos to EFI live best I could. I do get what sounds like a lean pop from time to time under acceleration for 1-2 shift on TH400. Also the restart isn't great as I have to crack the throttle to get it to fire then slowly back down to idle. Could I get a tune review from you folks? Thank you much!

2001 LQ4 factory truck intake, stock injectors, BTR Truck Norris cam, 102mm TB, stock MAF, LT headers, stock 317 heads.

nonnieselman
August 14th, 2024, 04:16 AM
Why such a large throttle body on a cam only engine?
If its a cheap ebay one they can cause all kinda fun issues.
What is your IAC count at hot idle?

Give this a try.
Looks like you havent done any fuel tuning on the VE table?

KODmonsterTruck
August 14th, 2024, 06:37 AM
nonnieselman, the 102 came with the engine and I was on a budget for the rebuild so that's why I have that. Correct on not being able to get any VE tuning yet, I'll check the step count next time I'm at the truck.

KODmonsterTruck
August 16th, 2024, 11:22 PM
Here are a couple logs, one form cold start to warm idle and the other with a few hot restarts.

nonnieselman
August 18th, 2024, 07:08 PM
Here are a couple logs, one form cold start to warm idle and the other with a few hot restarts.

You have entirely too many PIDs selected and some are giving bad data..

Watch IAC step position. Get it down to 30-50 at hot idle. It seems to be 200steps at hot idle right now so its almost maxed out. Means your throttle body is closed too far.

Load this PID list and do a hot idle for 5 mintues.

It wont let me attach the V8 Dashboard PID file.

Email me
nocturnalspecialties@gmail.com