PDA

View Full Version : iben map idle cells lean but stfts -10

mtnman
August 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I've been logging for quite a while now and the ben maps in the 400rpm row and 35 and 40 kPa columns are consistently lean (1.01to 1.04). THis lean scan is occuring after pasting and multiplying the cells against the previous VE table. It doesnt make any sense that the scan which follows is not showing a value which is more in the rich direction for these cols/row.

Is there something else in the tune file which is affecting the VE table values at engine idle? Throttle cracker..etc?

The rich -10 STFTs are only occuring during idle.

joecar
August 16th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Mtn,

Is this during cold idle (immediately after start up), or during warm idle...?

See my cold idle log: showthread.php?p=28968#post28968 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=28968#post28968)

Joe

mtnman
August 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Warm idle. Here is a data tab and 2 map tables. First map was done about 4pm, second map was done at 730am. The map file produced yesterday had close to the same cell values for the 400 rpm, 35 and 40 kPa cells. The paste and multiply changed the cell values, but i'm still reading almost the same values for those cells.

mtnman
August 17th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Mtn,

Is this during cold idle (immediately after start up), or during warm idle...?

See my cold idle log: showthread.php?p=28968#post28968 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=28968#post28968)

Joe

Hmm,

So this is an unresolved issue?

TAQuickness
August 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM
just making sure i understand your predicament.

You have enabled semi or full closed loop, you are monitoring you WB BEN's, and you have a lean condition during idle that you cannot change by adjusting your VE table.

If I am understanding you're problem, it's because you are using NB feedback to trim fuel and your WB is reporting the result of that triming. Disable fuel trims and see if you still have the problem.

mtnman
August 17th, 2006, 01:50 PM
just making sure i understand your predicament.

You have enabled semi or full closed loop, you are monitoring you WB BEN's, and you have a lean condition during idle that you cannot change by adjusting your VE table.

If I am understanding you're problem, it's because you are using NB feedback to trim fuel and your WB is reporting the result of that triming. Disable fuel trims and see if you still have the problem.

LTFT (B3801) and STFT(B4108 ) are disabled. I'm reading values from the PLX WB02. I'm going through the Auto VE tune again because when I returned to closed loop, the stfts were showing -10 during idle and the 2 main ben map cells which are getting hit during idle are the 35 and 40 kPa cells at the 400rpm row. I've pasted and multiplied the reoccuring lean values that I'm getting into the VE table (B0101). Every time I log data into the map, those 2 cells are always lean.

TAQuickness
August 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM
stock cam?

mtnman
August 18th, 2006, 12:10 PM
yes, everything on the engine block is stock.