PDA

View Full Version : Anyone migrating from Diablosport Predator to Flashscan?

frodo84
March 20th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I just got EFIlive flashscan (used EFIlive scan tool only before), I currently have a custom predator tune installed in my car. When I did a read of my PCM with the flashscan, it worked fine, but I had to reconnect the predator and reload my custom tune. Basically, it looked like reading my PCM "hosed" the tune I was running until I reloaded it from the predator. Anyone else using these two tools? I'm wondering if the predator tuning is sensitive to any "other" tuning tools....I just wondered if anyone else had experience with this problem...thanks in advance.

VortechC5
March 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I have been running a Predator tune in my 03 Silverado. I was able to read it with no problems using Flashscan.

frodo84
March 20th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks, VortechC5...I was also able to read mine okay, but after the 15 second wait, after which my PCM was supposed to go back to normal after the read....it didn't. Just sat there stupid, reduced engine power, etc. I reinstalled the Predator tune and everything was fine. I'm wondering if I will need to restore the stock tune from the predator, then reflash with flashscan to get "on track". I am in transition between the two systems as I am learning how to do my own tuning....again thanks.

johnsZ06
March 20th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I was using a Predator tune, but before I installed a Flash Scan tune, I installed the stock GM tune first. There were no problems.

Blacky
March 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I was also able to read mine okay, but after the 15 second wait, after which my PCM was supposed to go back to normal after the read....it didn't. Just sat there stupid, reduced engine power, etc.

It's a known issue in EFILive, we are working on a fix for it. The fix (V7.1.9) was due out last week. However, that release has been pushed back to later this week.

Regards
Paul

frodo84
March 20th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I'll keep an eye open for the upgrade and download....thanks!

frodo84
March 26th, 2005, 02:25 AM
It's a known issue in EFILive, we are working on a fix for it. The fix (V7.1.9) was due out last week. However, that release has been pushed back to later this week.

Regards
Paul

Any news on the fix/update (V7.1.9)?

Thanks!