PDA

View Full Version : mafless tuning question

The Alchemist
August 18th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Hi people, was doing my first mafless tune, a real mafless tune not just dialing in a VE table, and I noticed after a dyno pull that when you highlight the time for the dyno pull in scan tool mode then alt tab into the tune tool and look at the spark tables only the 0.08g/s column is highlighted at 35 to 37 degrees. Makes sense as the MAF is not there and therefore no air mass is read by the ECU. The thing is the actual spark follows the normal spark map figures as if the MAF was there.
How do you make this useful function work in MAFLESS mode?
....probably a simple answer..... he thinks........

Tordne
August 18th, 2006, 06:09 PM
You need to log the GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA PID as this measures g/cyl when running Speed Density (MAFless).

Then you need to change the Spark Advance Map so that the Column data uses the above PID. That should have you sorted ;)

Cheers,

The Alchemist
August 18th, 2006, 06:25 PM
hey that was a quick response....

cheers mate :)

Tordne
August 18th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Hey, I just noticed your "location". Another Kiwi, cool!! :)

joecar
August 18th, 2006, 07:14 PM
"Birds of a feather flock together" :D

Alchemist, Are you using a COS...?

Tordne
August 18th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Given that Kiwi's can't fly it would be a hell of a walk to flock together LOL

TAQuickness
August 19th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I thought Kiwi was a fruit

ringram
August 19th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Some are

Garry
August 19th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Hm ...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Sunnyday2161/How-to-prepare-kiwi.gif

Somehow, this is a bit off-topic ... ;)

joecar
August 19th, 2006, 07:13 AM
:bawl: I think Andrew is now considering what to do with you Garry... :bash: ;)

Edit: steps 5..7 actually looks like Kiwi fruit; that's not how I would do it, I would cut in half and use a spoon to scoop it out.

Tordne
August 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I find myself not knowing what to say - that almost never happens :eek:

The Alchemist
August 21st, 2006, 03:57 PM
"Birds of a feather flock together" :D

Alchemist, Are you using a COS...?

No I'm not Joe.....
whys that mate?

joecar
August 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM
No I'm not Joe.....
whys that mate?If you are running any of the COS's, mate, you would have to pay attention to both (hi and lo) spark tables.

I am surprised Andrew hasn't converted you on COS's yet... :D

Tordne
August 21st, 2006, 09:09 PM
I should get back to evangelising I guess :)

The Alchemist
November 2nd, 2006, 06:43 AM
You need to log the GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA PID as this measures g/cyl when running Speed Density (MAFless).

Then you need to change the Spark Advance Map so that the Column data uses the above PID. That should have you sorted ;)

Hi there Andrew,
got lost in the kiwi jokes later on mate :)

I understand what you mean and I think its called linking but HOW do I link the load axis to each of the possible three choices. Whn you position the mouse over the load axis it tells you the 3 pid links then disappears.
Also , anyone here, in the new software the VE table load and rpm axis have been reversed, Spark is still the same. How can I change then around?

Cheers,
Mike the KIWIFRUIT :)
PS at least its not sheep jokes opps might have started something.......:muahaha:

Tordne
November 2nd, 2006, 06:55 AM
Flick me your email address in a PM and I'll email you my Spark Advance MAP for running MAFless. Not sure what you mean about the VE table axis, it appears to be the same orientation I'm used to (RPM row, MAP column)...

Incidentally you also need to change the Knock Retard MAP I'll send you that as well.