PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Road Runner?

1998ws6
August 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I read on another forum, that the 98's can be supported with a road runner device (but Craig does not have cores at this time)

Does EFI live support the 98 OS's yet with roadrunner? I tried to write a 98 OS to my 99+ roadrunner, and got an error.

Another quesiton, since I already purchased one license for my 99+ roadrunner, do I need to purchase another one, if I purchase a 98 road runner? Or does the no charge apply to the 98 road runner, like the unlimited flashing for 98 cars (can't hurt to ask :))

Thanks

Black02SS
August 20th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I read on another forum, that the 98's can be supported with a road runner device (but Criag does not have cores at this time)

Does EFI live support the 98 OS's yet with roadrunner? I tried to write a 98 OS to my 99+ roadrunner, and got an error.

Another quesiton, since I already purchased one license for my 99+ roadrunner, do I need to purchase another one, if I purchase a 98 road runner? Or does the no charge apply to the 98 road runner, like the unlimited flashing for 98 cars (can't hurt to ask :))

Thanks
The reason you couldn't flash your 98 file into the 99 RR was due to it being a different PCM.

I don't know the answer to the licensing question but will try and get you an answer.

Craig Moates
August 20th, 2006, 03:53 PM
The 99-02 512k LS1 Roadrunner box will not work with the 98s.

If you need a Roadrunner for 98s, it will need to be installed into a 98 PCM. And this would be a separate and additional Roadrunner. So you'd need to buy an additional $199 license for the new Roadrunner. One license per Roadrunner unit.

Hope this helps.

-Craig

Black02SS
August 20th, 2006, 03:54 PM

If you need a Roadrunner for 98s, it will need to be installed into a 98 PCM. And this would be a separate and additional Roadrunner. So you'd need to buy an additional $199 license for the new Roadrunner. One license per Roadrunner unit.

Hope this helps.

-Craig
Thanks Criag. :)

Blacky
August 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Hope this helps.

-Craig

In addition, the unlimited 98 reflashing still applies. You can use your 98 RoadRunner to dial in a tune for a particular vehicle, then you can reflash the vehicle's original PCM with the tune from the RoadRunner. You can do that to as many 98 PCMs as you wish with no additional PCM licenses required.

Regards
Paul

1998ws6
August 21st, 2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the info.

My core pcm should be here soon, and I will get getting in touch with you Craig shortly for the conversion.

Thanks

Ryan

Doc
August 21st, 2006, 03:08 PM
How about an adapter and cut and paste the 98 particulars after you are done with the 99+up RR? Sorry Craig, I don't mean to deflate the 98 RR efforts I have been working on this for some time now. Actually, I would be interested in upgrading my orignal 98 core at some point too. How are things going with the 98 RR line?