PDA

View Full Version : Torque management

APE346
March 20th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Hello everybody i have a question, how do we overcome this torque management, it seems as if i keep chasing my tail.

I make changes zeroing out all torque tables so i can get the full effect of torque management (no limitations), its very torquey initially, then after a couple of shut downs it softens up WTF ?

What the hell do i do ?? :( i thought that torque should come right up after setting the max torque value to 867 ??

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

GMPX
March 20th, 2005, 09:11 PM
First up, check it is torque managment.
Monitor the PIDs in the scantool (Under Spark) -

Final Torque Management Spark {GM.EST_TRQ_DMA}
Transmission Torque Reduction Spark {GM.EST_XMSN_DMA}

That will show you how bad TQ managment is affecting things (if at all).

Cheers,
Ross

87gmc
March 28th, 2005, 09:41 AM
What is torque management labeled under in efilive?

87gmc
March 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Also are TCS used in trucks for anything?

mnotx
March 28th, 2005, 01:07 PM
What is torque management labeled under in efilive?

Transmission calibration / torque reduction.

Delco
March 28th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Hello everybody i have a question, how do we overcome this torque management, it seems as if i keep chasing my tail.

I make changes zeroing out all torque tables so i can get the full effect of torque management (no limitations), its very torquey initially, then after a couple of shut downs it softens up WTF ?

What the hell do i do ?? :( i thought that torque should come right up after setting the max torque value to 867 ??

Thanks in advance

Are you talking the shifts soften up or the engine softens up , you may find the PCM is learing the shift times and compensating - look at the trans pressure learnt values

APE346
March 29th, 2005, 12:11 AM

Thanks in advance

Are you talking the shifts soften up or the engine softens up , you may find the PCM is learing the shift times and compensating - look at the trans pressure learnt values

Hi,

My car is an M6, the engine feels less responsive (softens up), it doesnt feel as torquey anymore :shock: