PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for LS1 F-body

SSpdDmon
August 21st, 2006, 07:23 AM
When do you or have you upgraded the stock fuel pump on these cars? The one I just bought has a H/C package pushing 430rwhp and I have a feeling I'm coming close to reaching its limits.

eboggs_jkvl
August 21st, 2006, 07:47 AM
You are getting close.

I highly recommend this set up for higher HP cars.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=427011

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
August 21st, 2006, 07:50 AM
BTW, I was running a Walbro 255 on the car before I went to that setup. The boostapump that I had was useless.

Kris
August 21st, 2006, 08:43 AM
stock pump is good for 450-460.

Put in a walbro 255lph with a hotwire kit and it is good for about 600 with stock lines. (i've seen cars push more, but this is a conservative number)

install a bulkhead fitting into the top of the fuel pump assembly, replace the factory feed line with -10, and use an aftermarket regulator, and the setup will support over 700.

Highlander
August 21st, 2006, 08:57 AM
absolutely unnecessary to go with -10 line... I have seen cars push well beyond 70rwhp with just -6AN...

I see no reason to go over -8 ever.

TAQuickness
August 21st, 2006, 09:46 AM
I have the racetronix PnP fuel pump and wiring. I get a 10psi drop on WOT. Not sure what my problem is yet.

kbracing96
August 21st, 2006, 09:50 AM
I've seen trucks make over 1k rwhp on 2 walbro intanks and stock lines and fuel rails :)

Black02SS
August 21st, 2006, 09:54 AM
I have a customer with a 383, Blower and spray. All it had was twin fuel pumps and hot wired. Car made over 700hp on a mustang dyno. Monitored fuel pressure the entire time and all was great. I personally only have a intank (hotwired) as well as a inline pump (hotwired) and my FP never drops below 57psi.

Highlander
August 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
in my car i have twin in tank setup... i copied the setup from LJ

para.noid.org/~lj (http://www.para.noid/~lj)

SSpdDmon
August 22nd, 2006, 04:39 AM
thanks for all the input! just wanted to make sure i'm not living beyond the edge...

eboggs_jkvl
August 22nd, 2006, 05:11 AM
I have the racetronix PnP fuel pump and wiring. I get a 10psi drop on WOT. Not sure what my problem is yet.

That "drop" would scare the beJesus out of me. I was losing pressure as I roled into boost and the system that I had which was an aeromotive rising rate fuel pressure regulator, a walbro 255 intank pump and a Boost-a-Pump were quickly tossed into the trash can. My fuel pressure now is 51 at all times until I start to hit boost. At that exact moment in time, my pump controller kicks in, hits the fuel pressure to 58 PSI and then the regulator adds 1 psi of fuel pressure for every 1 PSI of boost. The configuration I have now is rock solid. I am going to add a check valve when the doctors allow me to drive the car again and then I'll consider the fueling system to be perfect.

Elmer