PDA

View Full Version : Pulling timing

minytrker
August 21st, 2006, 02:05 PM
After the CNC work on my heads my car is flowing a lot more so I started to re-tune it. Im losing 5 deg of timing at wot when before I wasnt. I am hitting alot of new cells now because of the more air but still, Im loosing timing at 5500rpm and .88g/cyl. What could be pulling timing, I found 2 deg from IAt but cant find the other 3.

minytrker
August 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM
I have checked all the most common causes.

ringram
August 21st, 2006, 08:05 PM
Aspark? Bkr?

minytrker
August 21st, 2006, 09:54 PM
0 kr

VYSSLS1
August 21st, 2006, 11:24 PM
monitor - burst knock retard

minytrker
August 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
monitor - burst knock retard

Thanks alot... thats what it was. I played with it for a couple of hours and ended up zeroing it out. With BK baically turned off from 3600rpm on up I get 0.0 deg of KR and my wot timing is now what it should be. Can I leave it like this or is it hurting anything? I have 26 deg at wot at .96 grams/cyl. I never had an issue till I had the heads worked and started seeing more grams/cyl.

VYSSLS1
August 25th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Thanks alot... thats what it was. I played with it for a couple of hours and ended up zeroing it out. With BK baically turned off from 3600rpm on up I get 0.0 deg of KR and my wot timing is now what it should be. Can I leave it like this or is it hurting anything? I have 26 deg at wot at .96 grams/cyl. I never had an issue till I had the heads worked and started seeing more grams/cyl.

ah no worries as long as its all ok, yeah the first time i cam across this exact prob you had, it had me stumped for a little bit as well.

joecar
August 25th, 2006, 07:55 AM
VYSS,

Welcome to the forum mate (I should have picked up on this in the other thread).

:cheers:

Dirk Diggler
August 25th, 2006, 08:04 AM
B KR is preemptive if the PCM sees large changes of air (especially spikes in the VE table when in SD mode ) it will pull timing before it actually happened

VYSSLS1
August 27th, 2006, 01:31 AM
VYSS,

Welcome to the forum mate (I should have picked up on this in the other thread).

:cheers:

Joecar, im not new to the forum been here a little while now:wave:

anyway ill take this opertunity to say hi to all on here.

Cheers Brad.

joecar
August 27th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Brad,

Right you are. I saw 6 posts in 2 threads, so I assumed you just joined (I didn't pay attention to the date). :)
Time for another beer... :cheers: