PDA

View Full Version : What is the general strategy . . .

Steve Bryant
March 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM
for the next six months? Stated another way, could you list and prioritize your milestones or goals that lay ahead? As I see it, tasks ahead might be things like:

Release of Version 6.3.4 of EFILive
Release of subsequent EFILive Versions that add specific functionality building-blocks that will serve both the logging and tuning needs
Release of prototype versions of hardware and software for Beta Testing and development for FlashScan
Development and refinement of FlashScan Documentation Package
Determination of pricing levels and upgrading policies for existing customers and new users for FlashScan Hardware and Software
Sales and distribution system - e.g. direct world-wide sales from EFILive and/or other distribution channels

You don't have to comment on this immediately. However, it would be of interest to know your basic road map as you develop FlashScan and continue to support EFILive.

Blacky
March 16th, 2004, 04:38 PM
You've pretty much nailed it on the head with that list.

You forgot the part where it all goes horribly wrong and we have to delay for 2 years....(only kidding).

V6.3.4 was supposed to ship last weekend. A number of Windows related "issues" were found during beta testing. They are being fixed and will be tested in the second part of this week. There should be a final beta version release this weekend.
The documentation will be updated to match the software changes and the entire "public release" will happen soon (a day or two) after that.

I have just updated the list of changes in V6.3.4 here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/v63updates.html

The next major release of EFILive will include display-only spark and fuel "maps" from EFILive V5. The new maps will allow you to map any PID, not just spark and fuel.

We will be posting an invitation to beta test on our web site once we are satisified that our new USB hardware is working correctly.

Starr Performance controls the marketing and distribution of EFILive and will be actively seeking distributors for the EFILive Scan Tool and the EFILive Tuning Tool.

I intend to publish weekly updates on this forum.

Regards
Paul

Steve Bryant
March 16th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks Paul. I'm not clairvoyant nor do I have a crystal ball in determining some of the milestones on this product roll-out. Rather, it's simply job experience. In my work in engineering for an aircraft manufacturer, these are some of the types of issues I would be looking at in planning a project of this type.

The omission of the two year (Lost in Space) detour was intentional. You guys know where you are and where you are going!

emarkay
March 17th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Yes, with some parallel development it may not be as nicely "flow charted", but the priority as I see it is to get the "foundation" of V6 locked as the scan tool. With information from the development of additional products, data is added to V6 as needed, (of course with continued comprehensive testing - unfortunately as you know, once you open up the can of worms to add a few, a few others crawl out...)

The FlashScan interface is progressing, It is at the point where it's "heritage" is defined, and it's functional. I really don't "need to know" on the hardware (my input was during development) and it's on schedule and there are no problems.

Docu can be "built" from the V6 and we are looking at the "level" of information need - too little and you are just as good as the competition, too much and you'll soon have more competition! :) Not really, and I can assure that the actual level of information will be as comprehensive as the V6, with some history and theory thrown in, for those that like a good novel... :shock:

Yea, I think pricing has already been discussed in another thread... ;)

Steve, and others, your input is appreciated! Personally, I still am amazed that I can almost consider the products from EFILive to be made "just for me" - THAT'S the level of customer suport that is provided.

Now I need to stop wasting bandwidth and get to that V6 documentation There are so many changes and revisions for the next release that I thought about pestering for a name change to "V6.5", but that would be too much like a Micro$oft marketing ploy - we don't do that here!