PDA

View Full Version : LM-1 problem

robz
August 22nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Just got my scanning software,etc and having a problem validating the pids for the wideband. Not sure if its the install of the wires from the wideband to the flashscan or not. All pid are validated except the wideband ones.
I have the lm-1 setup where 3 wires come from the wideband to the flashscan. They are red white and copper ground. I used the orange 3 port adaptor to connect. If the flashscan is facing you the wires go red blank white. I did not connect the ground. Is this correct?? Will improper connection here not allow pids to be validated? Thanks. Anything else I'm doing wrong to get the o2 wideband pid's validated?

Highlander
August 22nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Robz? whats up????? z06vette?

all you need to do is select Ext.ad1 and ext.ad2 and then will validate your wideband pids.

robz
August 23rd, 2006, 06:00 AM
Robz? whats up????? z06vette?

all you need to do is select Ext.ad1 and ext.ad2 and then will validate your wideband pids.
What's up! I'm better at driving then scanning and tuning!
I did select ext.ad1 only already. Do I need to select both ext.adx's?
Going to the track Tomorrow.

joecar
August 23rd, 2006, 06:53 AM
What's up! I'm better at driving then scanning and tuning!
I did select ext.ad1 only already. Do I need to select both ext.adx's?
Going to the track Tomorrow.Rob,

Ignore the copper/metal wire for a moment...

put your DMM (set to 20VDC) across the red and white wires with LM1/LC1 powered up
(don't allow them to short each other or anything else),
take note of the voltage and the polarity;

With key on engine off, voltage should be something like 4V to 5V (i.e. ultra lean);
connect the more positive wire to one of the outside pins on the orange plug, and
connect the more negative wire to the center pin on the orange plug.

The pids EXT.AD1 or EXT.AD2 should show the LM1 output voltage (check ith with your DMM);
you now have to select the correct CALC pid for the LM1, or make your own (if you know two (afr,voltage) points).

Edit: Someone who installed an LM1 please add comments.