PDA

View Full Version : Please help?

Chevvy SS
August 23rd, 2006, 07:05 PM
Guys, I am from South Africa and drive a slightly modified 2005 Chevrolet SS, probably known to u as a Holden Monaro SS. The problem me and my tuner have, is the moment we upload a tune, we get a "fuel gauge error" and the fuel gauge goes haywire and registers totally absurd readings. It reaches the halfway mark after just 120 kilometers and its annoying to get the low fuel warning after 200kms. When I have it reset by the agents, my whole tune is set to standard, so I have to rush back to the tuner! Totally between the devil and the deep blue sea!

Just another niggling question: we set the digital speedo to a max. of 300km/h, but it stops at 260, whilst the rev counter goes on. Any suggestion?
________
Chrysler Sebring (Convertible) Specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Sebring_(convertible))

Tordne
August 23rd, 2006, 07:33 PM
Some questions for you:
1: What is the OS # of your tune?
2: When it is reset by the "agents" does everything work as expected?
3: Can you send me both tune files, the one the "agent" resets to and the tuenr version?

The speedo value stops at 255 cause that is the maximum value that can be stored by a 1 byte value - coumpter geek stuff :)

BTW - Welcome to the forum.

Chevvy SS
August 30th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Tordne

Ross Myers from efi.live suggested that I download a standard tune file, load it, and afterwards load my performance tune file. We did just that yesterday, but the problem persists.
The moment u load the tune file, the dash saya "fuel gauge error", and the fuel gauge drops to empty. Afterwards it goes to the original position, but drops to about half after just 120kms. driven.

My tuner found the same situation when he tuned Utes, but their fuel gauges did not go out of calibration.

When the agents reset my PCM, the fuel gauge is correct, but the car is undriveable cause it has been modified. Go to tuner to correct that, it goes like hell, but with fuel gauge error! Makes me mad!

Sorry, cannot send tune files as tuner stays 170kms from me and is not computer literate enough to send to u.

Thanx.
________
Marijuana Dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)

Delco
August 30th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Hi Tordne

Ross Myers from efi.live suggested that I download a standard tune file, load it, and afterwards load my performance tune file. We did just that yesterday, but the problem persists.
The moment u load the tune file, the dash saya "fuel gauge error", and the fuel gauge drops to empty. Afterwards it goes to the original position, but drops to about half after just 120kms. driven.

My tuner found the same situation when he tuned Utes, but their fuel gauges did not go out of calibration.

When the agents reset my PCM, the fuel gauge is correct, but the car is undriveable cause it has been modified. Go to tuner to correct that, it goes like hell, but with fuel gauge error! Makes me mad!

Sorry, cannot send tune files as tuner stays 170kms from me and is not computer literate enough to send to u.

Thanx.

It happens because you are using a different base calibration than that which came with your car , get the tuner to suck your std cal out of the car then tune that , if he uses a different base from another vehicle you will find the fuel guage will be out as the pcm stores the fuel gauge info on your model car.