PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan V2 field testing underway

Blacky
August 25th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Earlier this week (21-Aug-2006) the FlashScan V2 field testing program got underway. About 50 FlashScan V2 units have been shipped around the world, including USA, Australia, UK, South Africa, Germany and of course New Zealand.

The field testing is the final stage in the FlashScan V2 development cycle. Once the field test has completed successfully FlashScan V2 will be made available for purchase through our distributors or directly through EFILive's online store.

Regards
Paul Blackmore
EFILive Limited.

Garry
August 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Congrats!!!

Blk02Ls1A4
August 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Yippie!!! Keep up the good work guys!

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 02:51 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana: ...I'm only allowed 4 of these...

emarkay
August 26th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Message from the "behind the wall": These things are literally professional quality. You folks are not going to believe me till you see one and see what it does!
OK, nuff said... ;)

minytrker
August 27th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Cool, cant wait.

Black02SS
August 27th, 2006, 06:58 PM
:cheers: You guys will really be happy. It is WELL worth the wait.

dynosmith
September 1st, 2006, 01:31 PM
so what functionality will the unit have when released to the rest of us? just ls2? ls1 and ls2? more?

foff667
September 2nd, 2006, 01:33 AM
so what functionality will the unit have when released to the rest of us? just ls2? ls1 and ls2? more?

I could only assume it will have full functionality once it goes up for public sale ie duramax, I6, LSx, the whole shabang.

TAQuickness
September 2nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
I could only assume it will have full functionality once it goes up for public sale ie duramax, I6, LSx, the whole shabang.

Sounds like you're ready to make your first step into a bigger better world. Too bad EFILive isn't doing the cable trade deal anymore. But, I'm sure you can recover some of your investment if you sell you HPT rig now.

foff667
September 2nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Black02SS
September 2nd, 2006, 11:05 AM
:muahaha:You two crack me up.

wait4me
September 2nd, 2006, 05:45 PM
:secret: :hihi:

MICK
September 3rd, 2006, 04:41 PM
Just means that us Aussies will allways be waiting for you Yanks to catch up.

:master:

ringram
September 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
Dont worry, us kiwis have been waiting for your ozzies even longer!

MICK
September 4th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Good to see the Queen in good health Richard.....:D

Shame about Steve

Last time I was in NZ, I got on a plane to come back to Brisbane at 6.00 pm, It was real cool because when the plane landed in Brisbane it was 6.00 pm...:Eyecrazy:

Hows the LS2 going Jess, read somewhere they don't have a VE table?

cheers

mick

PS: is that a big rat

Redline Motorsports
September 4th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Lets get the Beta stuff wrapped up!!! I want to pickup my cable at the EFI Live SEMA booth!!!:wave:

Thats two months............

Howard

mikey
September 6th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I'm ready, man am I ready. I've been fighting with an HPT interface problem from the day I purchased the MPVI.

Hey Paul, Please Please! support the GM LSJ Ecotec!!! Please!

Black02SS
September 6th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Nice to see you here Mikey! John Belcher has told me some great things about you guys. I know the feeling about HPT. Evertime I use it it makes me feel all dirty.

Chuck CoW
September 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Good to see the Queen in good health Richard.....:D

Shame about Steve

Last time I was in NZ, I got on a plane to come back to Brisbane at 6.00 pm, It was real cool because when the plane landed in Brisbane it was 6.00 pm...:Eyecrazy:

Hows the LS2 going Jess, read somewhere they don't have a VE table?

cheers

mick

PS: is that a big rat

Yes, the world as we know it has changed......06 LS2 cars have NO VE TABLE.....

Now, I've got to tune an 06 Vette with a cam....What do I do???? Go get myself an LS1 edit cable and go back to the stone age????

Yuck! The boys tell me that the new VE-less tuning world is complicated....I was kinda hoping that meant that the E38 controller would do it for me automatically...Right? YEAH RIGHT! well, When we see the new Editor and the E38 (06) parameters we have available...maybe we'll be able to figure it out.......OR it's back to messing with injector flow rate to get my afr's right...aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hopefully, we'll know in afew days!

Stay Tuned,
Chuck CoW

mikey
September 10th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks Chad. John is a great guy and very smart. Not to mention his car is quick!

Paul, how's the field testing moving along?

September 10th, 2006, 04:57 AM
wow very very nice are the 07 trucks and SUVs going to be supported

mikey
September 13th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Any updates fellas? Yes, I'm anxious!!!

Cougar281
September 14th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Any updates fellas? Yes, I'm anxious!!!

Ditto....

I'm dying to get EFI, but I'm not going to purchase it until V2 is released....

wait4me
September 14th, 2006, 03:31 AM
It is going wonderfully. For all us patient ls2 e40 guys, the software is very impressive and above and beyond as usual! Shh, I dont think i can say anymore...

Chuck CoW
September 14th, 2006, 05:08 AM
It is going wonderfully. For all us patient ls2 e40 guys, the software is very impressive and above and beyond as usual! Shh, I dont think i can say anymore...

Hey man....Be carefull with that avatar....We don't want any animal rights activists shutting down our forum.....Nor do we want to lose our favorite tuner/instructor! The avatar is grainy and it's hard to tell what you're doing with that cat!

anyway.....just to clarify.....for us LS2/E40 guys.....Will the E38 stuff be released simultaneously?????

Also, THIS IS TO EVERYONE! Keep your eyes peeled for an 06 and later 6 speed automatic trans controller.....EFI needs one to accelerate the release of the 6spd tuning software. FYI: the trans computer is in the TRANS (inside)

Chuck CoW

ace68
September 21st, 2006, 03:25 PM
quick question if we have the commercial version now and upgrade to the v2 will we have the same capability as the workshop, but the commercial version won't have to get streams correct?

P.S. how goes the battle?

Blacky
September 21st, 2006, 04:21 PM
quick question if we have the commercial version now and upgrade to the v2 will we have the same capability as the workshop, but the commercial version won't have to get streams correct?

P.S. how goes the battle?
Firstly, the battle is over - we won! Now we're just mopping up.

When you upgrade to FlashScan V2 there is no distinction between Personal, Commercial or Workshop. There is just a single FlashScan V2 product. The single product line serves two main puproses:
1. It makes the decision about which EFILive product to purchase a no brainer.
2. It simplifies customs import and export procedures and charges.

All V2 units ship with 2 VIN licenses as standard. Then you can purchase individual VIN licenses to tune any single vehicle/trans combo. And/Or you can purchase streams to tune unlimited vehicles of that stream.

Personal V1 users upgrading to V2 get an implied upgrade to the functionality of the Commercial product.

Commercial users upgrading to V2 get 2 free PCM licenses to make up for the perceived loss of value of the $100 price drop from V1 Commercial to V2.

Workshop users upgrade to V2 and get a whole bunch of streams free. Those streams cover unlimited tuning for all the V1 supported vehicles PLUS unlimited tuning for LS2-E40 and T42-5Speed.

And everyone who upgrades to V2, gets to keep their existing V1 interface and use it for a spare scan tool, complete with black box logging.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
September 21st, 2006, 04:24 PM
anyway.....just to clarify.....for us LS2/E40 guys.....Will the E38 stuff be released simultaneously?????
No, the E40 and T42 will be released first. Followed by the E38 and T43 late 2006 or early 2007.

Apologies if the term "early 2007" is understood by some to mean "around October 2007":nixweiss: It won't be that long - really!

Regards
Paul

Garry
September 21st, 2006, 04:35 PM
:master: :thankyou2: :banana: :grd:

Anything I missed? (apart from the 4 smilies limit)

ace68
September 22nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
MY GOD!

You mean to tell me we keep the v1 and get 2 licenses to boot!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Now I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HECK I'M GONNA DO WITH THREE SCANTOOLS??? THANKS ALOT

I have made alot of mistakes but buying autotap certainly was not one of them! thanks again YOU GUY'S ROCK THE HOUSE

Garry
September 22nd, 2006, 05:04 AM
... just need the order date ;)

Ninety8C5
September 22nd, 2006, 06:08 AM
... just need the order date ;)

:cheers:

Trippin
September 22nd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Firstly, the battle is over - we won! Now we're just mopping up.

Regards
Paul

Mopping up any spilled diesel fuel? :jump:

ringram
September 22nd, 2006, 07:29 AM
Rear tyres work best for mopping up spilled diesel.

emarkay
September 22nd, 2006, 09:07 AM
Save your rear ti(y)res, use recycled beach sand... :)

Acer
September 27th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Paul,

Glad to hear the "battle" with the electronic gremlins has been won:) .

I take it from your explanation of the V2 packages that the individual VIN licenses will be suitable for tuning any of the supported range of cars without having to purchase the unlimited streams - is this correct?

Thanks,

Acer

Tordne
September 28th, 2006, 06:42 AM
A single license can be used on any single PCM/TCM that EFILive supports. So an LS2 which has both a PCM and a TCM will require 2 licenses.

Streams are intended for workshops that pay once and tune unlimited.

Blacky
September 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM
A single license can be used on any single PCM/TCM that EFILive supports. So an LS2 which has both a PCM and a TCM will require 2 licenses.
Actually we've decided to go one better and allow both an engine and transmission controller to be tuned on one VIN License.:notacrook:

Another reason to upgrade to V2 - as if any more reasons were needed.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
September 28th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Actually, according to Ross & Paul, with V2, a ECM/TCM pair will use one VIN license, not two PCM licenses like it would with V1.

Edit: I'm slow... :nixweiss:

Streams are intended for workshops that pay once and tune unlimited.

Tordne
September 28th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Actually we've decided to go one better and allow both an engine and transmission controller to be tuned on one VIN License.:notacrook:

Another reason to upgrade to V2 - as if any more reasons were needed.

Regards
Paul

Nice change to license structure mate!!!

joecar
September 28th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Cool...:cheers:

Garry
September 28th, 2006, 09:22 AM
... now if I only had an LS2 to go with V2 ;)

TAQuickness
September 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
:D:D:D

News like this could create OSHA recordables...