PDA

View Full Version : New to EFILIVE need some info

PPlatetuner
August 25th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, I have just bought the personal and scan edition of EFILive and am having a few troubles getting my head around it all.

Okay first of all I tried the autoVE tuning process and failed misserably as my end result VE table will show

http://www.geocities.com/hsvmaloo285/index.htm

After throwing in the towel for the week of trying to tune with autoVE I then decided to take my ute and my software down to a dyno shop to see if the workshop guy could make any sence of what was going on. we loaded up the car did a Dyno pass and learned that the AFR(lambda) was way to high and very unsteady through the hole rev range. From 4100rpm to 5600rpm it ranged between 1.00 & 1.04. The guy at the tuning shop told me that a good AFR range was between .89 & .90 he also said that if I thrash is for a while I could end up blowing something in the engine. I have read a heap of discussion on the forum and am still rather clueless on what the best approach is to tune my car. Appariently its running to LEAN when up in high rev range but I'm to stupid to figure out where the Base fuel map is.

Any suggestions on a puzzled Learner Tuner would be appreciated.

TAQuickness
August 25th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Are you sure your WB is working correctly? A properly functioning WB is manditory to utilize AutoVE.

You might also want to read thru this thread http://www.forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3229

PPlatetuner
August 26th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Okay so I need a Wob sensor well that makes perfect sense. the question is where do I get one from and or how hard are they to make I have looked at the (wideband 02 install tutorial) and it looks kind of complicated. I am tuning my VY maloo 285kw. 12225074 operating system.

Any suggestions. ???

Thanx

Garry
August 26th, 2006, 06:04 AM
It may look a bit complicated, but actually it's not too hard ... if you have a lift and some tools (like an open socket), it should not be too much of a problem ... managed to get mine hooked up in about 2 hours (not counting the problems getting the old NB O2 out though). Just follow the How-To and you should be fine.

TAQuickness
August 26th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Send a PM to Black02SS or Ira. They can get you hooked up with a WB quick.

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 07:22 AM
PPlate,

Also, in the Tune Tool, set your units to EQ rather than Lambda:
Edit->Properties->Display

Also set the VE units to g.K/kPa.

Joe