PDA

View Full Version : Emailing files

robz
August 26th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I recently logged about 5 files and want to email them, more specifically the graphs under the dashboard tab. I was only able to send a spreadsheet excel file with no graphs. How can I send the graphs also?
Thanks

Garry
August 26th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Use the "Print" function key from Windows, then paste in Windows "Paint" program and save ...

robz
August 26th, 2006, 06:47 AM
So I hit the print icon and widows pulls up and do I then hit the icon for export a report to a series of images? Then where do I find windows PAINT program?

Garry
August 26th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Get whatever display you want to save as a gfx file on screen, then press the Print button. The "Paint" program is under the Windows accessories (don't know what the menu is called in the english Windows version) ... should be installed by default ...

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Rob,

This may help: showthread.php?t=3064 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3064)

The Windows Paint program can be found either way:
Start->Run and type in MSPaint and press Enter
Start->All Programs->Accesories->Paint

Cheers
Joe

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Paint will work but it creates huge files.

Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) works better, creates smaller files.

There are other programs.

Edit: Irfanview allows you to save images as .png files.

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Another point...

The various image hosting sites allow you to create a free account that you can host images on, provided that it is for non-commercial use, and that you don't mind seeing ads displayed when you browse your hosting acount.

By creating an account, you can keep track and manage your hosted images.

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 07:06 AM
If you don't mind small images, Go Advanced, then Manage Attachments, then Browse for the file and Upload; when finished do Close This Window, and submit the post.

robz
August 26th, 2006, 07:20 AM
thanks. Can the images be interactive also. likr the graphs of just stills.

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 07:24 AM
thanks. Can the images be interactive also. likr the graphs of just stills.I think animated gifs will work, but those are just a sequence of stills.

So the answer is just stills.

TAQuickness
August 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
sounds to me like you want to send your log file and dash page.

my documents\efilive\v7\logged data

AND

my documents\efilive\v7\VDash

joecar
August 26th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Oh, Rob, if you only want to post the actual logged data .efi file, zip the (copy it to a newly created compressed (.zip) folder), and then see post #8.