PDA

View Full Version : Setting A Startup Dashboard?

VortechC5
March 25th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Is there a way to change the default dashboard permanently?

I have been working on a new dash layout (a hybrid of the default dash pages and what Whitney Roberts made available). I find that I have to reload it every time that I fire up EFILive. I looked in options but did not see a way to set the dashboard so that EFILive starts/initializes with the dashboard that I want it to.

mnotx
March 25th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Unless V7 changed things, the dashboard you are using at the time you log is the one that will come up for that log. So everything you log with the new dash should open with that dash automatically. The old logs will have to be opened and then change to the new dash everytime.

I hope I am wrong, though.

VortechC5
March 25th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Ok that explains it. I have not logged any data with the new dash yet. I had never used any custom dashboards so I did not know of that relationship.

It would still be nice if I could make whatever dash I want be the default whenever I open EFILive.

Blacky
March 27th, 2005, 09:24 PM
It would still be nice if I could make whatever dash I want be the default whenever I open EFILive.

This has also been requested by one of our beta testers, and an option to allow a default dashboard to be configured is "in the works".

Regards
Paul

VortechC5
March 28th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Great! Thanks for adding this to the enhancement list.