PDA

View Full Version : shift pressures

bifster
August 27th, 2006, 11:03 AM
looking at my tables today and noticed under the performance table on the base pressure they seem to be set at a constant 620 Kpa and the regular table increases as engine torque increases. I would like to get rid of the addaptive learning and figure out what would be a good pressure to set it at ? I was thinking of setting the regular table the same as the performance table as it would hold the clutches better and posibly prolong the life of the trans but at the same time im unsure of what exactly these tables are changing as I simply want to increase line pressure in the transmission.
thanks

joecar
August 31st, 2006, 07:51 AM
Bif,

Hi there...

Looks like your car does not have a performance mode switch, so the performance mode shift pressure tables are maxed out.

If you set your normal mode tables to the same value as the perf. tables, then you will have very hard shifts, may even cause damage to driveline.

I would take the normal mode tables and add say 20%;
make them look like a line/curve starting at zero and sloping up.

For example, here's how mine look, see attachments below;
borrowed from post #44 on page 5 of this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1723

These tables increase the line pressure [I]during each shift.
At present there's no table to just generally increase the line pressure.

To disable adaptive learning, set the shift time tables to zero.

you car may not be doing adaptive learning, look at your adaptive learning cells using the Scan Tool
(Calibration->Auto Trans Adaptive Shift Cells), are they non-zero...?

What car do you have...?

I'm going to move this from the lounge to the tuning section.

:cheers:
Joe

bifster
August 31st, 2006, 01:15 PM
i have an 1986 iroc with a 2002 camaro engine trans that I pulled myself and addapted :) im very proud of myself seeing as how with the 4300 i spent on the wrecked car i managed to turn my 305 TPI camaro into a nice ls1 swop master piece IN my eyes haha but ya I like those table much more then the ones i have ill look at them tonite and see what I can get done. Oh and another thing I now have a 3600 yank converter so I imagine i should put a quicker ramp rate on these? at the start of them as the converter seems to take alot of the jarring out of things.

joecar
August 31st, 2006, 06:55 PM
Bif,

Cool... good work, and it's all DIY... :cheers: we're interested in pics if it's possible.

People would certainly be surprised seeing a 305 TPI car going that quick... :D

I had an '87 305 TPI Formula, I wish I had kept it.... ;)

With the stall converter I don't think you need to increase the ramp rate on those pressure tables because the converter is still 'stalling' regardless of line pressure (until you get the revs up); you could try it and let me know if it makes a difference, post pics of your tables.

Cheers
Joe
:cheers: