PDA

View Full Version : how to go from open to closed loop?

bifster
August 27th, 2006, 05:38 PM
well my car is far form stock now but i would like the engine to run in closed loop before i start tunning it at all. as you can probably guess im new to this tunning stuff but would really like to get it under my cap as I have many people waiting already for small tweeks.
I have an 1986 iroc with a 2002 ls1 and 4l60e trans as well as the interior and dash.
I have spent a couple hours looking through the DTC tables and changed a few paramiters for my rear O2 sensors and evap controls and gas tank sensors but is that all you have to do to get the computer to run normally again? i thought it would be more complicated then just telling it to not look for those setting but if thats how then im on the right track and should have this down pat soon. thanks guys

Dirk Diggler
August 27th, 2006, 11:30 PM
After 92*F the car should go into closed loop providing you have your front o2's connected and working

SSpdDmon
August 28th, 2006, 12:03 AM
DD is right. Your trigger for closed loop is ECT (see the {B4205} table). As long as the PCM is getting good readings from the other sensors (mainly the NBO2's), you should kick in to closed loop within ~3 minutes after startup.

bifster
August 28th, 2006, 02:25 AM
ok then if its the ND o2's that are the inputs then what is it that kicks it out of closed loop mode?

SSpdDmon
August 28th, 2006, 02:33 AM
If there's no signal or a DTC set from the B1S1 or B2S1 oxygen sensors, I believe that'll keep you in open loop. If the car isn't going into closed loop for whatever reason, the PCM SHOULD throw a code saying why.

TAQuickness
August 28th, 2006, 05:00 AM
also, entering PE will get you into open loop

Bruce Melton
August 28th, 2006, 06:23 AM
What specifically keeps you in OL when in AutoVe tuning?

Dirk Diggler
August 28th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Setting the "Closed Loop enbled Temp" to 256 or something yuor car shouldnever see as far as temperature is concerned