PDA

View Full Version : 99 -> 02 OS upgrade questions

JR_VETTE
August 28th, 2006, 06:40 AM
I know this subject has been beaten to death, so I apologize that I've brought it up again.

I'm in the process of attempting a 99 -> 02 YBody OS upgrade. 12593359->12212156

I am about done, but I have run into a few questions. Below are the notes I took while I was doing the tedious copying and pasting :

Engine Calibration | Spark | General | Spark IAT Table {B5911}
99 OS – table is IAT vs. GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA (kPa)
02 OS – table is IAT vs. GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA (Grams/Cylinder)
Question - Is there a quick and easy way to 'convert' this table? Or should I just leave it alone?

Engine Calibration | Spark | Knock-Software | Knock Sensor Multiplier B (Cylinder Mode) {B6245}
Table in the 99 OS is Cyl # vs. MAP kPa
Table in the 02 OS is Cyl # vs. RPM
Should I just leave this table alone? Obviously you can't convert it.

Engine Calibration | Traction Control | ETC Pedal Torque Limit {B6612}
Table in the 99 OS is RPM vs. Torque limit Nm
Table in the 02 OS is RPM vs. Torque Limit %
Should I just leave this table also also? I'm obviously not as concerned about this since it's just traction control. :D

Other than that, everything was pretty self explainatory. I just want to make sure I have all this correct before I do a full OS flash.

joecar
August 28th, 2006, 06:48 AM
JR,

Do you want this moved to the "Custom Operating Systems" section...?

BTW: since no one welcomed you yet after your first post (a year ago), a belated welcome to you. :D

Joe

JR_VETTE
August 28th, 2006, 07:01 AM
JR,

Do you want this moved to the "Custom Operating Systems" section...?

BTW: since no one welcomed you yet after your first post (a year ago), a belated welcome to you. :D

Joe
Yes, we can move it. I wasn't sure where to post it since my end goal (at this point) isn't a custom OS. Unless someone can talk me into going to a custom OS. :D

As for the welcome, thank you! I'll try not to be a stranger again!

joecar
August 28th, 2006, 08:58 AM
JR,

Ok, I'll move it, it's in the spirit of COS's anyway. :cheers:

Your post is of value to others doing the same transition, and it will have more visibility among the COS'ers.

By changing to 12212156, you have put yourself in a very good position to run COS3 or COS5 (but of course you would have to be comfortable with that move).

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

JR_VETTE
August 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks Joe!

I just got back in from doing a full-OS flash, and everything seems to be working ok (at least at idle). The only codes I got were fixed by doing a crank position relearn. Scanning looked normal also.

I'm still a little concerned about the above, particularly the spark tables. My fear is knock won't be picked up by the sensors, or correctly acted on, upon detection. After searching the forum, could be a definate problem.

If anybody has any input, it would be greatly appreciated!

TAQuickness
August 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Engine Calibration | Spark | General | Spark IAT Table {B5911}
99 OS – table is IAT vs. GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA (kPa)
02 OS – table is IAT vs. GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA (Grams/Cylinder)
Question - Is there a quick and easy way to 'convert' this table? Or should I just leave it alone?

From the FAQ :D

You will then need to copy and paste each table over. During the copy paste process, you will notice not every table between the two tunes exists in the other (i.e. back up ve table). Don't worry about these tables. You will also find in some tables, that the row's and columns are inverted. The tune tool has a utility that allows you invert tables. To get to this utility press ctrl+alt+enter.

TAQuickness
August 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
The rest of the tables I wouldn't worry about to much.

JR_VETTE
August 28th, 2006, 01:24 PM
From the FAQ :D

Actually, the problem isn't inverted tables. The problem is a different unit of measure for the GM.DYNCYLAIR.

For B5911 Spark IAT Table :

The rows in both OS's is the IAT, but the columns are GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA (Grams/Cylinder)
in the 2002 OS, and GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA (kPa) in the 1999 OS. That's where I'm stuck.

I'm not the best at trying to explain stuff. Does that make sense?

TAQuickness
August 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I should get some coffee. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

JR_VETTE
August 29th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I should get some coffee. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
:beer: :D

Seriously, thanks for all your help!