PDA

View Full Version : Stock vehicles - "optimum" tune possible?

emarkay
March 26th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Had an experiment planned a while back that got buried in other plans, but was wondering how many users of basically stock cars have been able to get SOTP tuning improvements in "real life" driving?

What about things like improved 0-60 times, better MPG, smoother or firmer shifts (as needed) and other little things, that just make your car "better"?

MRK

mnotx
March 26th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Mine feels like a whole different car now. TM is gone, AFR is much better (stayed conservative...rather a tiny bit rich than too lean), and it runs like a swiss clock.

Getting rid of the sloppy shifts was the best improvement. Leaning it out made it scream better. LTFT are always a little negative and they zero out in PE mode.

It's not a "race" tune, but it is so much better than the OEM tune. Just think of how good it will be when I actually learn how to tune a car!

Oh yeah, it is stock except for the cat-backs and the Z-06 intake.

87gmc
March 26th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Believe it or not, With EFILive tuning on a completey stock 99 5.3 4x4 I have improved my gas mileage around 1.2mpg on the highway just with VE, Timing, Shifting and various other things. Only added was a k&n :D