PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request

Garry
August 29th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Hi,

working with the PIDs in the Scan tool I have two pet peeves which might make a nice improvement in the next release ...

One, when calculated PIDs are not available, I know I can get additional infos which will show which physical PIDs are required for a calculated PID to be valid - it would be nice if Scan had a menu option (right mouse button) to automatically select the PIDs used by a calc-PID.

Also, a search function would be cool :) Currently, the easiest way to find some PID you don't know what it's called is to select all, copy the contents into an editor, and search there ;)

Blacky
August 29th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Hi,

working with the PIDs in the Scan tool I have two pet peeves which might make a nice improvement in the next release ...

One, when calculated PIDs are not available, I know I can get additional infos which will show which physical PIDs are required for a calculated PID to be valid - it would be nice if Scan had a menu option (right mouse button) to automatically select the PIDs used by a calc-PID.

Also, a search function would be cool :) Currently, the easiest way to find some PID you don't know what it's called is to select all, copy the contents into an editor, and search there ;)

Both good ideas for version 8.

Meanwhile, searching for PIDs is a little easier if you know what units the PID is reported in. Then click on the Units column heading to sort the PIDs by units. That narrows down the searching quite a bit.

Regards
Paul