PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for me to fix Colum locked

Dirk Diggler
August 29th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Vettes with Flashscan if I used a tune that has this allready implemented

Bruce Melton
August 29th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Wouldn't that be nice? The program is about the fifth attempt GM made to fix the pesky CL problem. I think it is fair to say it did not work either. About all that reprogram did was screw up some aftermarket tunes. It even locked some LS1 Edit guys out of their own tunes.

minytrker
August 29th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I have seen post on CF about people still having cl issues after the lastest gm attempt. The best bet is jsut to buy the $50 aftermarket box.

Dirk Diggler
August 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Does anybody have a file that allready has this implemented or the latest attempt for an 01

Bruce Melton
August 29th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I have a stock 03 Z06 tun with the fix in there but I do not know where or what it is ?
Just ran a comparo with a stocker from the tun shelf and it shows no difference. GM trashed the modified tune on this car to do the CL fix.

JR_VETTE
September 1st, 2006, 02:01 PM
I have seen post on CF about people still having cl issues after the lastest gm attempt. The best bet is jsut to buy the $50 aftermarket box.
Stupid question, but would setting {G0801} "Column Lock Option" to No allow you to disable the column lock function? I have the column lock bypass, so I'm not real concerned about it. Just curious more than anything.

Any yes, the latest fix is still causing problems. One reason why I have thrown out the latest recall notice.

dfe1
September 2nd, 2006, 01:03 AM
The dealer installed "the fix" on my 01 about a year ago. I don't know what else was done, but the operating system was switched to a 2002 (don't have the number off hand, but last three digits are 358). I haven't had any problems until the other day when the driver info panel said "Service Column Lock". I disconnected the battery and that eliminated the problem. From what I can determine, part of the GM fix is to have the system fail unlocked instead of locked. I could still drive the car even with "Service column Lock" being displayed. Let me know if you want the file.

Dave

Chuck CoW
September 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I have a stock 03 Z06 tun with the fix in there but I do not know where or what it is ?
Just ran a comparo with a stocker from the tun shelf and it shows no difference. GM trashed the modified tune on this car to do the CL fix.

I don't believe that it is in the tune...but, rather in the O/S...That's why you can't do a compare.....

Chuck CoW

Bruce Melton
September 6th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I don't believe that it is in the tune...but, rather in the O/S...That's why you can't do a compare.....

Chuck CoW
Could well be, but as part of the process they sweep the tune.

Chuck CoW
September 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Could well be, but as part of the process they sweep the tune.

GM does not have the ability to "only" flash the tune....The O/S and the tune are flashed at once kind of like the EFI "full re write"

GM can only do it like that....with the "correct vin" and tune/os downloaded directly from GM.....

His tune had no chance....

Stay Tuned,
Chuck CoW