PDA

View Full Version : LTFT cells scanned?

Bruce Melton
March 29th, 2005, 01:37 AM
My understanding is that certain LTFT cells are not relavant to tuning correction (WOT, decell, cold etc.) so which ones are we scanning of the 23, can we select, and which should we scan if we can select?

Thanks,
Bruce

SS-1500
March 29th, 2005, 04:48 AM
With the default install EFI monitors all FT Cells. Each cell is averaged and presented in a neat window broken out by cell. For closed loop tuning I pay most attention to cells 0 -15. EFI does all the work for us. I believe you must have the PC with you during logging to collect this information.. I’m using an even easier approach by not being concerned about what FT Cell I’m in. I use (Maps) and adjust my VE table based strictly on kpa /rpm, the tables are almost 1 to 1.

Bruce Melton
March 29th, 2005, 12:02 PM
With the default install EFI monitors all FT Cells. Each cell is averaged and presented in a neat window broken out by cell. For closed loop tuning I pay most attention to cells 0 -15. EFI does all the work for us. I believe you must have the PC with you during logging to collect this information.. I’m using an even easier approach by not being concerned about what FT Cell I’m in. I use (Maps) and adjust my VE table based strictly on kpa /rpm, the tables are almost 1 to 1.

I use the below but assume I am looking at cells that are averaged with cells I would rather not include. In this MAP I am using Ver 1.8 with laptop and want to move to VE tuning as I assume I have taken IFR down to minimum?
Is it at this point you start subtracting the +LTFT values from the corresponding VE table value?
Appreciate your guidance,
Bruce

http://sohat.us/lt-03.jpg

SS-1500
March 29th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I start by getting all the LTFT's either + or -.
I scale the IFR table to get most cells to average at or close to 0.
Mine happened to be all (-).
I then cleaned the LTFT's.
Log for 15 - 20 minutes, then select the Display Leaned LTFT Cells.
This give you an idea what needs work.
After that it's time to make changes.
I use MAP's. select LTFT Averages. Sure beats Excel.
Based on the MAP results, I make changes to the VE Table.
The MAP and VE table are not exactly 1 to 1 but they're pretty close.
My LTFT's were (-) I made -2% or -3% changes to the same area in the VE table.
Clear the LTFT's and start over again.

Bruce Melton
March 29th, 2005, 10:41 PM
As you can see my LTFTs are not very "tidy" I am guessing due to the cam. Do you think it is time to attack the VE table?

SS-1500
March 30th, 2005, 12:26 AM
As you can see my LTFTs are not very "tidy" I am guessing due to the cam. Do you think it is time to attack the VE table?

Start with red/orange cells first, make small changes to get a feel for how it works. When you tweek one cell it could effect the cells on either side of it. Make sure you clear you LTFT's before logging and after making changes to the VE table or you'll get confused with your results. On (+) LTFT's make (+) changes to the VE table. I used 2 and 3 % changes.