PDA

View Full Version : Demo Message problems, dead PCM (truck)

seichacker
September 3rd, 2006, 04:04 AM
:help2: HELP! I am as new as it gets. Sorry in advance for the lengthy message.

I just purchased EFILive Commercial from their website and got it 2 days ago. I mostly get the “demo” message all but one time. I have verified the keys, S/N, VIN, Software type so many times I lost count. Still I mostly get “demo”.

My problem starts with the 1 time I did not get the Demo message (and that time I didn’t do anything different) but on with it. This is where it gets fun. I had started the truck so I could see the dashboard work in real time, I ventured into the “Tuning tool” and this time it did not come up with “demo”. I thought I hit a view logs choice but a message came up with “Do not start vehicle for 15 sec’s…” then it started counting down. In fear that something would go wrong since the truck was already started I turned it off, yes off. Well I know I do not have to go any future for the experts, but yes now I get nothing. The truck will not start.

Since it was the first time plugged in, I have no initial tunes, baselines or anything. Do I go to the dealer and have it reflashed? Or can someone help. I am a senior computer guy so I play with menus first and read the details later, BIG MISTAKE. I did not purposely go into do a tune, my plan was to read up on that first. I thought I was grabbing info and data to save as a baseline tune. I have been in the forums a lot and see “stock tunes”, “Custom Tunes” But since I am so new I do not know how yet, and the ”demo“ issue stops me.

Summary; how do I get it to stop showing Demo. And how do I get it running with a dead PCM?

Thanks in advance.

Tech Spec’s
2001 Silverado 2500HD, Allison, 8.1 engine

Trippin
September 3rd, 2006, 05:36 AM
Call me at 661-857-0815 and I'll try and walk you through it.

Guy

joecar
September 3rd, 2006, 07:08 AM
Seichacker,

Sorry that you got into trouble, please keep us posted.

And, welcome to the forum, you will find it informative and interesting.

Joe
:)

BTW: interesting username, does it mean "SEI C Hacker"...?

dc_justin
September 3rd, 2006, 09:59 AM
Welcome.Hopefully trippin will be abel to set you straight. As to th demo mode issue... what date are you plugging in? I had problems til I realized the date was not the date I purchased, but the date on the box...

joecar
September 3rd, 2006, 01:24 PM
Under Help->Register EFILive if there is a field for your name, do not enter your name.

As dc_justin said, the date you enter should be the date on the license card (where the serial no. and software key appear).

seichacker
September 4th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Thanks DC Justin and JoeCar. That was the demo issue. I entered the date I registered. After entering the date on the card the demo message stopped. I plan on calling Trippin but thought today might be a bad day.

The name is imple, it is my first initial and last name. But short people do use "I ma hacker" being in the computer industry.

joecar
September 4th, 2006, 06:34 AM
The name is imple, it is my first initial and last name. But short people do use "I ma hacker" being in the computer industry.
Hi Seichacker,

it's your name, that's a good coincidence, being in the computer industry; :cheers: I too am in the computer industry;

do you realize SEI = Software Engineering Institue who advocate good software development practices,
which is the opposite of what C hackers do... so it turns into a clever username. :)

Glad you got the demo issue fixed. :cheers:

Cheers
Joe

Trippin
September 4th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Today is OK to call.

Just a thought, have you disconnected the battery(s) for about 30 minutes?

seichacker
September 4th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Apperently what ever I did had set off securoity, which disabled the truck. Since I was aout of town until today, i went out and it was fine, so it was a timeout deal. It is running, now I can take my time, RTM (Read The Manual), get a baseline then play.

This forum and people are great, love the response. Happy to be on the team.