PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Innovate LM1 Working with EFILive

VortechC5
March 30th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Hopefully this is not duplicate information...

Here is what I did go get my LM1 working:

1. The LM1 has programmable aux outputs so I set them to be what the PLX Devices wideband output is. This is 0 volts ar 10:1 AFR and 5v at 20:1 AFR.
2. I then attached the EFILive 3 pin orange connector to the LM1 aux output cable. I hooked the LM1 AUX1 to EFILive's EXT1 and LM1 AUX2 to EFILive's EXT2 (you don't have to hook up both outputs).
3. Next select the EXT.AD1 and CALC.AFR_PLX1 PIDS.
4. After that it is just a matter of adding a gauge to the dashboard if you want to (I did) referencing the CALC.AFR_PLX1 PID.

It worked the firt time that I tried it. I was amazed!

I have some work to do now. My WOT AFRs start at about 11.2 in the 3000 range and rise to 12.5 at 6500. No KR though with 8.5 psi of boost.

Steve Bryant
April 1st, 2005, 01:52 PM
Congratulations on getting your WBO2 working! You're going to love EFILive and FlashScan.
:D
What does your AFR Run when you're below the point at which PE kicks in?
Are you running normal closed loop and have the MAF activitated?

Thanks,

Steve

VortechC5
April 11th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Steve,

My AFR below the PE point is varying constantly as I would expect it to (if I undrstand how it works correctly. It seems to vary rapidly between 14.4 and 14.9 which averages out to about 14.7.

I am running closed loop with the MAF activated. I have only logged one session so far. I found that one of my FLP headers is leaking where one of the tubes is welded to the head flange. I want to get that fixed before continuing as I think that leak can affect the AFR that the O2 sensors read. That is especially important since that is the header that my WB in mounted in.

Mark

mistermike
April 15th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Nice job with the LM-1. A couple of questions.

How well does the aux output through EFIlive correspond with the direct digital readout on the LM-1?

Is it a linear output?

I'm considering a pair of the upcoming LC-1 units for permanent installation.

VortechC5
April 15th, 2005, 11:01 AM
It appears to me that the response from EFILive is faster than the output seen on the LM-1 LCD.

Both of the outputs are fully programmable. You specify a lower voltage and corresponding AFR and a upper voltage and corresponding AFR. The response beteween these two points is linear.

possessed 1
April 21st, 2005, 06:43 AM
i am trying to hook up the LM1 to my buddies car , he also has EFI live , i did what your instuctions said and i cant not get efilive to read the wideband o2 accurately , the wideband unit is reading way different then whats showing on EFILIVE dashboard .. i was wondering if you could maybe help me to get this thing working , we want to try and get to the track this weekend and we really need to the wideband hook up ,,

any ideas ??

thanks for your time ,hope to hear back from you

neil

Dirk Diggler
April 21st, 2005, 07:00 AM
How far is it off? Are you using the right formula? Are the oupts configured correctly?

SinisterSS
April 21st, 2005, 09:59 AM
The ground wire for the wideband controller and the ground wire coming off the EFILive black box need to go to the same point on the chassis.

VortechC5
April 21st, 2005, 01:53 PM
Did you use the LM1 software and program the output(s) to be 0V = 10:1 AFR and 5V = 20:1 AFR? This allows you to use the PLX PID that EFILive comes with.

Once you have the LM1 programmed you need to select the External Analog Voltage 1 (or 2) and the Wide Band AFR 1 (or 2)- PLX PIDS.

Also make sure that you have the orange EFILive Aux connector properly wired to the LM1 analog output cable.

After doing these items it should just work.

possessed 1
April 23rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
are right guys i am trying to hook this prick up and i programed the anlog out puts just like you said to do ,all except that when i try to program the out put to 0 volts = 10.0 and 5 volts = 20.1 AFR and loddded up the pid files and it is still not reading right also went back in to the anolog setting to se if everything was sit in order and noticed that it changed a little bit.., when i am trying to veiw the dashboard and look at my air fuel gauge , it doesnt seem like it is reading anything at all . when i am veiwing the efi live screen it should read the same thing as the LM1 screen right ? we hook up the lm1 into efi live and hit the record button the dashboard is no were even close to what the lm1 is reading ,all as it does is when we plug the orange connector in the efi live port and look at the dashboard ,all that happens is the volts and AFR dropps like 3 volts that s it and then flickers there about . 2 to . 4 higger ( so it would be switching back and forth from 14.0 to 14.3 and back again thats it .so i dont know hopefully we can fiqure this out by the weekend .
Me and my buddy is starting to wonder if we have a bad lm1 output it self because he has had some problems in the past on another issue and had to send it back to innovate for service
I have the same lm1 unit that i know works perfectly and we are going to try that one ,i guess tomarrow but in the mean time i would like to se if we can figure this out ,

neil

BLK02WS6
July 16th, 2005, 11:50 AM
VortechC5,
Why not just use the LM1 pid already in EFILive?

Redline Motorsports
July 16th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I haven't got as far as you guys have but......where does the software indicate the A/F ratio? I was out today logging data with my stroked C5 and was playing with the premade MAPs provided. I have no idea what values where be indicated! When setup for the LM-1 (or whatever WB) after a fewpulls does it indicate the A/F at a given cell or does it tell you how far off the base VE is against the actual A/F??

Howard

ZL1Killa
September 25th, 2005, 06:43 PM
anybody else installed the lm-1 lately...i'm about to try and do it in the next week before fall break for us at UNCC

Blacky
September 25th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I haven't got as far as you guys have but......where does the software indicate the A/F ratio? I was out today logging data with my stroked C5 and was playing with the premade MAPs provided. I have no idea what values where be indicated! When setup for the LM-1 (or whatever WB) after a fewpulls does it indicate the A/F at a given cell or does it tell you how far off the base VE is against the actual A/F??

Howard

This document gives a good rundown of how to do the AutoVE tune:
http://www.efilive.com/doc/Tutorials/AutoVE%20Tuning%20Tutorial.pdf
Including which PIDs to log and how to apply the logged data to your VE table.
The Scan Tool's "BEN" map shows a value centered on 1.0 where 1.0 is perfect AFR, <1.0 is too lean and >1.0 is too rich.
Example values:
1.1 = 10% too rich
1.2 is 20% too rich
0.9 is 10% too lean
0.8 is 20% too lean
etc.

EFILive provides a copy/paste option that allows you to copy the values from the BEN map and paste them into the VE table. The intelligent paste function (paste and multiply) will update your VE table to the correct values in order to bring the <1.0 and >1.0 cells closer to 1.0

Regards
Paul

VortechC5
September 25th, 2005, 11:48 PM
If you have any questions about getting the LM-1 working you can post them here. I just hooked mine up again yesterday so I can start using the AutoVE functionality and perhaps start using a custom OS.

anybody else installed the lm-1 lately...i'm about to try and do it in the next week before fall break for us at UNCC

ZL1Killa
September 26th, 2005, 04:08 AM
does it hook up the same way you have to wire up the lc-1?? b/c i can find the wiring diagram for the lc-1 but not the lm-1

VortechC5
September 26th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Here is a pic of how I have mine wired up. The power comes from the cigarette lighter. I snake the WB02 cable up around the headers, across the floor and up between the door and body. Duct tape is your friend to keep the cable in place.

I hook mine up when I need it and remove it when I am not using it.

does it hook up the same way you have to wire up the lc-1?? b/c i can find the wiring diagram for the lc-1 but not the lm-1

ZL1Killa
September 27th, 2005, 11:55 AM
awesome...let you know how mine goes this upcoming week

Extinct
October 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Bringing this thread back to life !

Does anyone know what to program the LM1 analog output to so that it simulates the stock narrowband ? or is it better to just turn off the bank I'm putting it in ?

I've borrowed a bud's LM1 to use to tune, was just going to use the Flashscan LM1 PID to log data.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

nco663
October 17th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I ordered my LM-1 today. Your info on this thread helped me decide. Thank you
noe :D

extinct
checkout this page http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/narrowband-replacement.php