PDA

View Full Version : What module to get EFILive V1 Interface Cable Or?

JETNITRO
September 6th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Guys,

Need some help...I'm looking for a tool to just read my cars data for 1/4 mile tuning purposes. I was looking at this.... EFILive FlashScan V1 Interface - Cable -$269

Is there anything else that is needed?

Can I just plug this into under the dash of my 04 GTO? my car and record the data ...Then send it OR EMAIL THE RESULTS to the person who will tune & tweak my parameters.

Thanks for the Help
-Bruce

wait4me
September 6th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Hi Bruce, Yes that is what you need. We can get them to you asap. You can find it on the store at www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com). If you have any questions on set up let me know. I can explain it for you.

JETNITRO
September 6th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Hi Bruce, Yes that is what you need. We can get them to you asap. You can find it on the store at www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com). If you have any questions on set up let me know. I can explain it for you.

What is involved in the set up and reading this scan tool? the price is $249-correct?
Thanks

Black02SS
September 7th, 2006, 01:20 AM
You can download a demo here and see what all is involved. There are sample logs for you to look at to see what you can expect. You are correct it is $249. Really good bargin for the best scanner on the market.

http://68.178.219.18/software/EFILiveV732_416_540_467.exe

JETNITRO
September 7th, 2006, 04:14 AM
You can download a demo here and see what all is involved. There are sample logs for you to look at to see what you can expect. You are correct it is $249. Really good bargin for the best scanner on the market.

http://68.178.219.18/software/EFILiveV732_416_540_467.exe

Thanks ..I downloaded the software but it said there was a bad file in there :frown: was a zip damaged file.

joecar
September 7th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Bruce,

You could try to download the .exe from here: http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Joe

JETNITRO
September 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Bruce,

You could try to download the .exe from here: http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Joe

Joe,

Thanks I will try to see now if I can download.

Okay can someone just give me a link if there is just a demo for just the scan tool?

Thanks
-Bruce

Black02SS
September 7th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Try this link as well.

http://68.178.219.18/software/EFILiveV731_340_486_380.exe

joecar
September 7th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Try this link as well.

http://68.178.219.18/software/EFILiveV731_340_486_380.exe

That works.

robz
September 7th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Joe,

Thanks I will try to see now if I can download.

Okay can someone just give me a link if there is just a demo for just the scan tool?

Thanks
-Bruce
Do u run at atco/etown? I'm usually at one of the tracks weekly, I'm also new to this stuff and recently bought an lm-1 and blackbox logger. It is defintely worth it. I am currently not doing my own tuning but logging on the track for my tuner.

JETNITRO
September 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Do u run at atco/etown? I'm usually at one of the tracks weekly, I'm also new to this stuff and recently bought an lm-1 and blackbox logger. It is defintely worth it. I am currently not doing my own tuning but logging on the track for my tuner.

Rob,
PM Sent

Yes I run at both places and now with the weather getting real good I will start going to Atco:)

Black02SS
September 7th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Hey Rob, I tried calling you several times and left a few messages. It is nice to see that you got things working.

JETNITRO
September 7th, 2006, 07:54 PM
That works.

Wow that worked ...Lots of stuff on there. Thanks for that link!

I'm thinking how nice it would be if I threw A code that sometimes happens when driving like a grandpa) Because of my converter (low line throttle pressure) that I could View and clear the code myself.

I don't suppose that scan tool does that to. Meaning being able to clear a code ....Or Do you have to buy other modules?

Thanks again Guys

-Bruce

TAQuickness
September 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM
yes. the scan tool does that too

JETNITRO
September 8th, 2006, 01:28 AM
yes. the scan tool does that too

All that for $249- ?

wait4me
September 8th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Yes

TAQuickness
September 8th, 2006, 01:36 AM
All that for $249- ?

It's absolutely positively the most power scan tool you can purchase.

Black02SS
September 8th, 2006, 02:52 AM
All that for $249- ?
And you may upgrade that at a later time if you wish for the full scan/tune package, without sending anything back. Just a simple upgrade and you are all set.

joecar
September 8th, 2006, 04:09 AM
And it can pull any DTC's from other modules also, like the ABS/EBCM "brake" module.

JETNITRO
September 15th, 2006, 04:23 AM
And it can pull any DTC's from other modules also, like the ABS/EBCM "brake" module.

Rob,

It was great meeting you at Atco this week Keep in touch.

Can it pull Air / fuel and timing? for the Datalogger for 249?

wait4me
September 15th, 2006, 04:28 AM
only temporarly,

The Commercial version just had a massive Price Discount for everyone, it is only 549 now to tune your car permanently! :)

joecar
September 15th, 2006, 04:36 AM
It can log various PCM parameters thru the OBD-II cable, such as commanded AFR and commanded ignition timing, and others.

It has 2 analog inputs which can read any external 0-5V analog signal, such as a wideband O2 sensor (which gives you the actual AFR, which you then compare with commanded AFR); the analog signals read can be fed into a running calculation and the result is displayed on the log chart along with the other logged parameters (e.g. WB voltage is converted to AFR value).

Is this what you're asking about...?

joecar
September 15th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Yeh, get the Commercial version, it's a grest deal. :cheers:

JETNITRO
September 15th, 2006, 06:02 AM
It can log various PCM parameters thru the OBD-II cable, such as commanded AFR and commanded ignition timing, and others.

It has 2 analog inputs which can read any external 0-5V analog signal, such as a wideband O2 sensor (which gives you the actual AFR, which you then compare with commanded AFR); the analog signals read can be fed into a running calculation and the result is displayed on the log chart along with the other logged parameters (e.g. WB voltage is converted to AFR value).

Is this what you're asking about...?

Really what I'm asking about is: Sounds like to me that I can't just get the scan tool only I don't have anything NO LAPTOP ,NO MODUELS AT ALL ...NOTHING...
I don't want to buy the scan tool and later find out ...oH YEA YOU NEED THIS OR THAT. This stuff sounds it might take a while to figure out.

So Why again do I need or want a Y band? is that to read the a/f ?

Bottom line here... What ever my tuner would need to tuning my car correctly or even after tuning while making passes down the 1/4 mile for vital info is what I would like and want to get.

Thanks,
Bruce

TAQuickness
September 15th, 2006, 06:28 AM
maybe we don't understand the question you are asking.

joecar
September 15th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Jet,

Sorry, we're so attention deficited :D we didn't understand your question...

Yes, you do need a laptop (with the V1 cable; with V2 when it comes out you will need at least a PC).

You use a wideband to monitor your AFR;

I would think your tuner can use wideband AFR info, but each tuner has his/her own preferences/methodologies.

Apologies,
Joe
:cheers:

JETNITRO
September 15th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Jet,

Sorry, we're so attention deficited :D we didn't understand your question...

Yes, you do need a laptop (with the V1 cable; with V2 when it comes out you will need at least a PC).

You use a wideband to monitor your AFR;

I would think your tuner can use wideband AFR info, but each tuner has his/her own preferences/methodologies.

Apologies,
Joe
:cheers:

Joe,

Thanks Man...Thats what I needed to know ..The only other thing is how much is it for this Y band...And what do you have to do to hook it up to your car? and yes I think I would need that for the tuner:)

Thanks for the help guys!

-Bruce

TAQuickness
September 15th, 2006, 08:07 AM
widebands come in a variety of prices. Check with Black02ss (via PM or www.greenlightmotorsports.com) for WB pricing.