PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE and Boost

lplott
September 7th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Okay, now that I have it clear that 80kPa is atmospheric here in Colorado Springs and 125kPa is the correct reading for 7PSI boost, here is the question:

I have been using two maps to do AutoVE, 1)Map up to 105kPa and 2)Map from 105kPa to 255kPa.

Should I adjust my tuning with AutoVE to think of 80kPa - 125kPa as my boost map? Build my scan boost map to run from 80kPa - 255kPa and use that to paste with labels and multiply my B101 and A0009 tables to flash.

Is that the right idea?

thanks
Lonnie

TAQuickness
September 7th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Okay, now that I have it clear that 80kPa is atmospheric here in Colorado Springs and 125kPa is the correct reading for 7PSI boost, here is the question:

I have been using two maps to do AutoVE, 1)Map up to 105kPa and 2)Map from 105kPa to 255kPa.

You're on the right track.

Should I adjust my tuning with AutoVE to think of 80kPa - 125kPa as my boost map? Build my scan boost map to run from 80kPa - 255kPa and use that to paste with labels and multiply my B101 and A0009 tables to flash.

Is that the right idea?

thanks
Lonnie

No sir. Per you're other thread, MAP is the abolute pressure in the manifold (in reference to a perfect vacuum - hense aboslute). If you were to do what you're describing, you run the chance of running dangerously lean when MAP excedes 105 kPa and you transition into the Boost VE table.

Tre-Cool
September 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I also found it easier to have 1 map from 0 to 285kpa. It's a tight fit on the one screen but if your only going to run 7psi, you could cit it down to 200kpa, to read any boost spikes.

dc_justin
September 7th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I also found it easier to have 1 map from 0 to 285kpa. It's a tight fit on the one screen but if your only going to run 7psi, you could cit it down to 200kpa, to read any boost spikes.

Tis the way I tune it too. Then when it's time to update the VE table, just split the map from 0-105kPa and 105kPa+

TAQuickness
September 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
copy/paste with labels would make that a little quicker for you DC

Tre-Cool
September 8th, 2006, 12:55 AM
copy/paste with labels would make that a little quicker for you DC
I second that. If you copy and paste with labels, it will only modify the tables values for the ve table your in. i.e normal ve & boosted ve.

dc_justin
September 8th, 2006, 01:56 AM
I second that. If you copy and paste with labels, it will only modify the tables values for the ve table your in. i.e normal ve & boosted ve.

I'll give that a shot. I still do a lot of smoothing of anomaly cells and linear fills (It's near impossible to hit all boost cells on the street), so not sure what it'll save in the big picture though

TAQuickness
September 8th, 2006, 02:11 AM
I'll give that a shot. I still do a lot of smoothing of anomaly cells and linear fills (It's near impossible to hit all boost cells on the street), so not sure what it'll save in the big picture though

I've found the "copy fill" does better at smoothing missing cells than using the smooth feature of the tune tool (on the VE table anyway).