PDA

View Full Version : Mr Syclones Dyno Runs

Tydriver
September 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Here is a little back ground on this truck.. It started life off as the standard GMC Syclone and was exported when it was new by GM.

Over the years, Robert has been a leader in innovation and low ET timeslips, the truck features a fully built motor and a 90+mm turbo, stock BW4472 transfer case and stock front axle.

Theres been alot of sh!t talking lately by the 'haters' in the crowd, always pointing the finger saying its NOT an NHRA track, the truck isnt NHRA Legal, blah blah blah... So Robert stepped up and said, "Put up or shut up.. I am shipping my truck to the US for the Annual SyTy Nationals.. "(keep in mind this is an expense IN EXCESS of $6000 US DOLLARS) to Robert. Some more sh!t talking ensued as well as some underhanded deeds tried in the 11th hour to delay Robert running his truck, all have been met and surpassed. This coming weekend, Robert is going to make an attempt to back up his World Record here in the USA on an NHRA TRACK so all the crybabies can stick it in their crack pipe and smoke it..

For the record, the truck has already run 2x runs of 9.11 back to back on Tuesday of this week at Bowling Green on a very slippery track.. (AWD SKATING through the 60' mark)..

Anyhow, here's the video of the Dyno Runs: (this were earlier this week)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6183073793650665402

Its difficult to understand what Robert is saying since alot of its in Swedish, but I can tell you, it was dyno'd here in the US on Wednesday night..

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/turbocustomz/IMG_4346.jpg

Keep in mind, this was a 2wd Dyno, but the truck runs AWD.. Can you imagine putting 750-ish to all 4 wheels ?? Its a handful on the launch, even with the front wheels on the ground they are spinning and steering input is futile.. And remember, this is from a V6 motor.. NOT an LS1 or SBC !!!

Here's Robert's webpage if you are interested: http://syclone.org/

There will be video posted later of the drag runs over at: www.syty.net

If you are bored and live near Kansas City you can watch it in person this weekend at KCIR, details here: http://www.sytynationals.com

I wont be able to make it this weekend, but I wish Robert the best of luck, I hope he hits his goal of another 8 second timeslip to shut up all the haters and crybabies.

Black02SS
September 7th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I know first hand how violent these things launch. Even a mildly built SY is deadly off the line. Can't wait to see the results.

Garry
September 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Wow ... sounds nice ... with a prepared track, think he can make an 8s run? Best wishes either way!

Tydriver
September 7th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Wow ... sounds nice ... with a prepared track, think he can make an 8s run? Best wishes either way!

Yeah, he's already hit 8's but was in Sweden, some of the haters claim its not an NHRA track yadda yadda.. Since he ran his 8.98 @ 155 he has installed a Nitrous system and hopes to spray 75 or 125 shot just for a little added insurance.. I think the weather is supposed to hold out too.. He ran 2x runs @ 9.11 earlier this week with NO NITROUS and not at full boost, spinning all 4 tires well past the 60' mark.. If the track will hold it, he will rip off a bunch of 8 second passes with a 6 cylinder AWD brick...

Black02SS
September 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
What makes the difference really if it isn't a NHRA track? If you ran 8's in 1320ft then you ran 8's. LOL

Garry
September 7th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Well, it could be down-hill, with better traction than NHRA allows (LOL), the car could not be up to NHRA specs as far as safety features go (thus, less weight), ... Ricers or jealous people find all kind of reasons ... :) Instead of just congratulating him on a job well done!

Keep us posted!

Tydriver
September 8th, 2006, 02:53 AM
What makes the difference really if it isn't a NHRA track? If you ran 8's in 1320ft then you ran 8's. LOL

Well the track he consistently runs on is on an airfield, for this reason it APPEARS to be different than justabout any track here in the US. Truth be told, he claims its setup to NHRA Specs.. His truck meets the Sweden Tech rules in terms of safety equipment. The only difference in tech between Sweden rules and the NHRA rules is the lack of 2 bars coming out the rear window affixing to the frame.

This truck is NOT a stripper, the only interior 'mod' is the lack of a passenger seat. Other than that its a full interior truck. To see this truck going down the road you would think its ANY OTHER truck. He drives to and from the track in his home town. He drove the truck INTO the track in Bowling Green.. This is NOT a trailer queen.

I've seen this truck in person and under the hood is all art.. The attention to detail is amazing ! Its probably one of the nicest 'built' syclones I have seen.
:notacrook:

TAQuickness
September 8th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Well, it could be down-hill, with better traction than NHRA allows (LOL), the car could not be up to NHRA specs as far as safety features go (thus, less weight), ... Ricers or jealous people find all kind of reasons ... :) Instead of just congratulating him on a job well done!

Keep us posted!

Guess they can't use "I'm set up for drifting" :muahaha:

I like that orange glow too

joecar
September 8th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Very cool truck, I think he'll pull 8's no problem, and I wish him all the best.

:cheers:

SS2win
September 8th, 2006, 09:46 AM
hope he gets to pull a 9 over some haters face :rockon:

Tydriver
September 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM
1st run tonight was 9.06 @ Unknown MPH.. I am not there so I am getting details but apparently the truck passed Tech (or the track is NOT enforcing it).

More updates as I get them.. I know there will be video, I just dont know WHO and WHEN it will be posted..

Garry
September 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
gettin' there! :)

Tydriver
September 10th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Final update... I'm sure there is video coming soon.. I can try to post links if anyone wants to see 'em..

Robert ran 2-3 practice runs during the day on Saturday.. He ran into the 10's and 11's as he was going WOT from the line to 1000' mark and slamming on brakes..

Track officials advised him to NOT go below 10.0..

Final round of eliminations he went a 9.18 and popped the parachute (just for kicks)..

Since it was his last round he went all out. Track conditions usually suck at KCIR and running a 9.06 and a 9.18 tells me this truck has a good 8 second pass in it at a better track, or atleast one that has some prep.