PDA

View Full Version : "PCM is in an Unkown State" & "Reflash Failed"

foxySS
September 8th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I just tried reflashing my PCM and at the end of the process it says "pcm is in an unknown state," and "reflash failed." I tried reflashing twice and in between each time I tried closing and reopening the reflash window as suggested on one of the forum threads. Still won't work. Now the truck won't start up. :wtf1:

Any ideas or suggestions?

TAQuickness
September 8th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Were you trying to load a custom operating system or full flash or just a calibration only flash?

foxySS
September 8th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Just a calibration flash

joecar
September 8th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Turn ignition OFF.

Find the PCM BATT fuse, and pull it out for a minute or so, and then reinsert it.

PCM should now be okay.

foxySS
September 8th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Well, I got it to work. Not sure what solved the problem as I tried multiple solutions at once. I pulled the PCM1 fuse, the PCM B fuse for a minute and put back in. I also pulled the RADIO and RADIO BATT fuse and left them out while I reflashed. In the flash window I also turned High Speed off.

Justin (I'm not sure of his member name on here, . justin . or DC Justin) has helped me out a lot with fixing my crappy tune that I had in there and also gave me some help as to issues with the reflash. We both have almost the same setup. Thanks Justin! And, thanks to all you guys who have helped me out thus far.

Chris

dc_justin
September 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
:cheers: Let me know how the tune works out.