PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE tuning - mileage? power?

turbo lcc
September 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Is autove tuining more focused on mileage or power??

TAQuickness
September 14th, 2006, 01:15 PM
neither. it's focused on tuning the engine safely. You can futher tweak for power or economy after the fact.

turbo lcc
September 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM
So autoVE just puts the motor where is should be? What kinda tweaks help mileage?

TAQuickness
September 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
AutoVE provides a safe means to calibrate the VE table. A calibrated VE table provides known airflow table to match your known injector table, to give you a basis for the rest of your tune.

Better mileage, DFCO, spark, shift points, commanded AFR, driving slower, coasting more often, xlr8 down hill and decel going up hill...

Doc
September 14th, 2006, 02:06 PM
The best "tweaks" I have found for fuel milage with Gen III motors is with pilates for my foot.:muahaha: Damn, should have driven the Tahoe today, oh yeah, that is a politically incorrect vehicle also. I am so concerned with fuel economy that I have 3 small block gen 3's. Just doing my part.:wave: Can't wait for my Silverado, Tahoe, and Camaro to become illegal.

joecar
September 15th, 2006, 04:55 AM
We're the ones keeping the economy going by purchasing petrol/gasoline often and in large quantities. :D

Beer99C5
September 15th, 2006, 06:41 AM
We're the ones keeping the economy going by purchasing petrol/gasoline often and in large quantities. :D

Me and the crew of my Drill Ship wish to thank you all!

http://www.retrorelics.net/jim/images/Deepseas.jpg

TAQuickness
September 15th, 2006, 07:31 AM
you're car matches the ocean nicely

joecar
September 15th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Yeh, very nice colour. :cheers: