PDA

View Full Version : EFILive V1 RUNOUT SALE - Hurry, while stocks last

Blacky
September 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Due to the impending arrival of EFILive's FlashScan V2 product, we are having a Runout Sale to clear our remaining FlashScan V1 stock.

This is not any normal runout sale, it is the first stage of a whole new pricing and licensing scheme for the entire EFILive FlashScan range of products.

The following price changes are effective from Monday September 18, 2006 until stocks run out.
The EFILive FlashScan Commercial product has been reduced from $849.00 to just $549.00
The EFILive FlashScan Personal product is no longer available.
The EFILive Personal to Commercial upgrade has been reduced from $150 to just $50.00.
:notacrook:

We all know the feeling of making a purchase and then seeing that item discounted the following week. While one expects market fluctuations over time, any sizable and immediate discount is always disappointing, especially when there is little chance of recovering the discount. At EFILive we pride ourselves on delivering innovative solutions and we believe this solution is no exception.
To mitigate recent discounts, EFILive is offering all customers who purchased the following FlashScan V1 products between 18th August 2006 and 17th September 2006 (inclusive) the following:
FS-Personal: One complimentary PCM License valued at $99.
FS-Personal to Commercial upgrade: One complimentary PCM License valued at $99.
FS-Personal AND FlashScan Personal to Commercial upgrade: Three complimentary PCM Licenses valued at $297.
FS-Commercial: Three complimentary PCM Licenses valued at $297.The additional licenses can be added to your existing FlashScan V1 cable, or if you choose to upgrade to FlashScan V2 when it is available, the license(s) can be added to your FlashScan V2 cable. This value-add offer MUST be exercised before December 18 2006. To receive your additional license(s) please contact your reseller.

Note: Licenses cannot be transferred from FlashScan V1 to FlashScan V2 cables. Please choose carefully the option that is right for you.

EFILive FlashScan is widely recognized as the industry standard in PC based, scanning, data logging, and tuning for GM's OBDII performance vehicles. EFILive continues to enhance the FlashScan range of products, increasing the value of your purchase through regular FREE software updates. Coupled with great customer service, responsive forum support and a first class reseller network, your investment in EFILive FlashScan will continue to grow in the weeks, months and years ahead.

Please note: Products purchased during the runout sale will incur higher upgrade fees than products purchased prior to the runout sale.

Regards
Paul Blackmore
EFILive Limited

Black02SS
September 14th, 2006, 05:21 PM
WOW!! This is great Paul.

Trippin
September 14th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I just finished updating my web site. Shipments to begin on Monday.
Get to work on that HTML code Chad! :D

Blacky
September 14th, 2006, 05:47 PM
The original post is I made was not clear on V1->V2 license transfers (sorry). This quote from our V2 price list (not released yet) explains it in more detail.

(Please note, the term PCM license will change to VIN License for FlashScan V2, since the licenses are not really for just PCMs.)

License Transfers From V1 To V2 Cables

PCM Licenses from V1 cables cannot be transferred to VIN Licenses on V2 cables. If any customer requires PCM licenses to be transferred, then the donor V1 cable must be returned to EFILive prior to the V2 recipient cable being shipped. EFILive will transfer the PCM licenses from the V1 cable to VIN Licenses on the V2 cable. All shipping fees are to be paid by the customer. EFILive will not charge for the V1->V2 transfer service.
It is not yet confirmed if the license transfers will only be available via EFILive or whether the EFILive reseller network will also be able to perform the transfers.
Obviously the transfer issue does not effect EFILive FlashScan Workshop customers.

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
September 14th, 2006, 06:28 PM
sweet.

ViolatorTA
September 14th, 2006, 10:46 PM
1 upgrade sold. Look for my order Chad.

98SS2836
September 15th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I want to upgrade from my personal to a commercial where do I go Right to EFI live's home page. I just went there and it said 150.00

Blacky
September 15th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I want to upgrade from my personal to a commercial where do I go Right to EFI live's home page. I just went there and it said 150.00

The new prices are valid from Monday September 18, 2006. They will be changed on our website sometime between now and then. :)

Regards
Paul

SSpdDmon
September 15th, 2006, 12:57 AM
I'm definitely interested in upgrading to commercial now...

On a side note...some general questions we all may have:

Where can we get more info about V2?

What will set it apart from V1?

Should I wait to upgrade my V1 if I'm serious about picking up V2?

Black02SS
September 15th, 2006, 01:05 AM
1 upgrade sold. Look for my order Chad.
Looking forward to it. :)

eboggs_jkvl
September 15th, 2006, 01:34 AM
I'll upgrade to commercial on Monday the 18th.

Elmer

Black02SS
September 15th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I'm definitely interested in upgrading to commercial now...

On a side note...some general questions we all may have:

Where can we get more info about V2?

What will set it apart from V1?

Here is a list of SOME of the features that V2 is going to have over V1 interface. As far as more info, that will be released when Paul and Ross decide.

Standalone Scan Tool Operation: Most scan tool features are available directly in the FlashScan V2 interface. You can monitor or log data and display or clear trouble codes without needing to be connected to a laptop computer.
SD Memory Card: Want to log hours (or even days) of data without uploading to a base station? Just insert an SD memory card (exactly the same as those used in most digital cameras) and instantly expand FlashScan V2’s data logging capacity. A single 2Gb SD card can also hold over 2,000 PCM tunes.
Standalone PCM Reflashing: Tired of dragging your laptop in and out of vehicles when reading or reflashing a PCM? Want to read or reflash the PCM calibrations in multiple vehicles? Just plug FlashScan V2 into any supported vehicle and read the entire PCM contents in around 2 minutes or reflash in around 30 seconds.
Field Upgradeable Firmware: Your FlashScan V2 interface firmware (the software that controls FlashScan) can be upgraded at any with new vehicle releases and improved functionality via convenient web downloads.

If you have anymore questions I would be more then happy to help you out.

98SS2836
September 15th, 2006, 02:26 AM
i'll be upgrading next week

SSpdDmon
September 15th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Here is a list of SOME of the features that V2 is going to have over V1 interface. As far as more info, that will be released when Paul and Ross decide.

Standalone Scan Tool Operation: Most scan tool features are available directly in the FlashScan V2 interface. You can monitor or log data and display or clear trouble codes without needing to be connected to a laptop computer.
SD Memory Card: Want to log hours (or even days) of data without uploading to a base station? Just insert an SD memory card (exactly the same as those used in most digital cameras) and instantly expand FlashScan V2’s data logging capacity. A single 2Gb SD card can also hold over 2,000 PCM tunes.
Standalone PCM Reflashing: Tired of dragging your laptop in and out of vehicles when reading or reflashing a PCM? Want to read or reflash the PCM calibrations in multiple vehicles? Just plug FlashScan V2 into any supported vehicle and read the entire PCM contents in around 2 minutes or reflash in around 30 seconds.
Field Upgradeable Firmware: Your FlashScan V2 interface firmware (the software that controls FlashScan) can be upgraded at any with new vehicle releases and improved functionality via convenient web downloads.

If you have anymore questions I would be more then happy to help you out.
So we should think of it as a mini-Tech II?

Dirk Diggler
September 15th, 2006, 02:49 AM
So we should think of it as a mini-Tech II?

A Hypertech on steroids, some serious roids...

eboggs_jkvl
September 15th, 2006, 03:38 AM
A Hypertech on steroids, some serious roids...

Ain't enough 'roids around to make a Hypertech considered anything but a toy. :D

350SS
September 15th, 2006, 04:01 AM
We all know the feeling of making a purchase and then seeing that item discounted the following week. While one expects market fluctuations over time, any sizable and immediate discount is always disappointing, especially when there is little chance of recovering the discount. At EFILive we pride ourselves on delivering innovative solutions and we believe this solution is no exception.
You're right, this is a little disappointing especially for a starving grad student. But I appreciate that you guys are offering the free licenses that I should be able to use in the future. My real question is, should I have waited for V2? Is the whole pricing structure, including V2 going to be released Monday?

Max

TAQuickness
September 15th, 2006, 04:46 AM
You're right, this is a little disappointing especially for a starving grad student. But I appreciate that you guys are offering the free licenses that I should be able to use in the future. My real question is, should I have waited for V2? Is the whole pricing structure, including V2 going to be released Monday?

Max

It really depends on your needs. V1 is quite powerful and will accomodate most, if not all, your LS1 needs. Keep in mind too, that you will not be stuck with V1. Paul and Ross have always produced the industries best solutions, and plan ahead to make upgrading fair and easy.

Blacky
September 15th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Max

No, the V2 pricing won't be officially released on Monday. The V2 prices will be posted when V2 is released. And before everyone asks when is V2 going to be released... sometime before SEMA, Nov 1 2006.

Some old/preliminary V2 pricing is listed here:
http://www.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx
However the stream prices that are listed have been reduced/rationalized since that page was put up. The page will be updated soon.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
September 15th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Where can we get more info about V2? http://www.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx
Stream prices are out of date and will be updated shortly. Also the part where it says "Available March 2006", well, we all know that's not true :bawl:

What will set it apart from V1? It will do everything that V1 does, only faster, longer and better (gee, that sounds like some of the spam emails I get).
Plus
it will support OBDI scanning.
all currently supported VPW (i.e. LS1 style) vehicles for scanning and tuning
selected CAN (i.e. LS2 style) vehicles for scanning and tuning
4 x 5V A/D inputs
2 x 12V input switches
2 x K type CJC thermocouple inputs
Built in LCD screen for scanning and DTC's without a laptop
RS232 digital data link to external devices such as wideband O2 controllers and dynamometer computers. (No more fighting with wide band O2 ground offests and voltage issues)
SD memory card for storing tunes/log files
An oversight in the price list means that we have not catered for the following scenario:
Purchased V1 Personal prior to Sep 18 2006, upgrade to V1 Commercial for $50 after Sep 18, upgrade to V2 when V2 is released. We are working on the upgrade price/deal for that scenario.

Regards
Paul

eboggs_jkvl
September 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Hell, can we just do the update to commercial today and get the $50 rate? I'll screw this up and miss this at my health rate.

Elmer

Blacky
September 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Hell, can we just do the update to commercial today and get the $50 rate? I'll screw this up and miss this at my health rate.

Elmer

The delay is purely logistical at our end. I need to stop answering emails and forum posts and log into our store and change the prices....

As soon as the price changes in the store you can order it. Or just order it from a reseller who has already changed their prices.

Regard's
Paul

joecar
September 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Elmer,

Hi there, good to hear from you mate, hope you're feeling better lately. :wave:

Joe
:cheers:

ViolatorTA
September 15th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Looking forward to it. :)

Done deal as of this morning. :cheers:

Happy Jim
September 15th, 2006, 09:54 AM
An oversight in the price list means that we have not catered for the following scenario:
Purchased V1 Personal prior to Sep 18 2006, upgrade to V1 Commercial for $50 after Sep 18, upgrade to V2 when V2 is released. We are working on the upgrade price/deal for that scenario.

Regards
Paul

That'll be me in that scenario - you've just made the upgrade to commercial a no-brainer for me, and I know you'll do the right thing for the V2 upgrade.

Jim

eboggs_jkvl
September 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Elmer,

Hi there, good to hear from you mate, hope you're feeling better lately. :wave:

Joe
:cheers:

HEY!

Yep, I'm doing much better. I'm driving the car and walking a few miles each day. I start the "re-hab" next Thursday and I should get a little sore but improve quickly. This was not a good thing as far as "comfort" but it was better than the alternative of being down with a major coronary or worse.

Elmer

Black02SS
September 15th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Replied to your PM E. :)

eboggs_jkvl
September 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Replied to your PM E. :)

Ditto

ViolatorTA
September 15th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Many thanks to you Chad. :cheers:

I posted up the thread on The F-Body Hideout and referred anyone interested to go to your site.

Black02SS
September 15th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Many thanks to you Chad. :cheers:

I posted up the thread on The F-Body Hideout and referred anyone interested to go to your site.
Thanks a lot Shawn, I really appreciate it!!

Bruce Melton
September 16th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I am hot for the the Commercial upgrade Monday--
Done -Tuesday

Black02SS
September 16th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Like Paul said, for those of you that can't wait, resellers have already adjusted the price and are taking orders now.

Garry
September 16th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Somehow, there are some discrepancies between your post here and the web page ...

Note: Licenses cannot be transferred from FlashScan V1 to FlashScan V2 cables. Please choose carefully the option that is right for you.

but on the website it says:

Customers may upgrade any Personal or Commercial license from FlashScan V1.2 to FlashScan V2.0 for $399*. All PCM licenses will be transferred from your FlashScan V1.2 interface to the new FlashScan V2 interface. You must return your existing FlashScan V1.2 interface to EFILive to be eligible for the FlashScan V2 upgrade price.

So, which is it? When I got my V1.2 in July I think it was, I was told that on the upgrades I got to keep the V1.2 cable and just get the V2.0 version ...

TAQuickness
September 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Garry - I believe an earlier post addressed the licensing issue. IIRC, you will be able to send in your V1 unit and have the license's transfered over to the V2.

Toster
September 17th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Ok, So I just bought (9-12-06) the EFILive personal V1 for $650 from Jesse Bubb (WaitForMe). What are my options as far as the V2 and the commercial? Will I have to buy a new cable to make the V2 work?

Thanks!

Black02SS
September 17th, 2006, 06:13 AM
You may upgrade to commerical now for $50 or wait until V2 is available. When V2 is available, you will pay a upgrade fee (announced at a later time) and receive the new V2 interface.

ScarabEpic22
September 17th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Well, I think I might have to get V2 and send my V1 cable back in. Assuming of course that V2 has the newest LL8 cals and I can change the limiter and hopefully some more parameters in the OS and maybe do a full reflash???

emarkay
September 17th, 2006, 01:04 PM
What would a no license, 90 day warranty, non-upgradable V1 unit cost? How many do you have left in stock? Just curious... ;)

Garry
September 17th, 2006, 04:04 PM
... I see it's Monday morning, and the upgrade prices are changed ;)

Toster
September 17th, 2006, 04:09 PM
To mitigate recent discounts, EFILive is offering all customers who purchased the following FlashScan V1 products between 18th August 2006 and 17th September 2006 (inclusive) the following:
FS-Personal AND FlashScan Personal to Commercial upgrade: Three complimentary PCM Licenses valued at $297.
FS-Commercial: Three complimentary PCM Licenses valued at $297.The additional licenses can be added to your existing FlashScan V1 cable, or if you choose to upgrade to FlashScan V2 when it is available, the license(s) can be added to your FlashScan V2 cable. This value-add offer MUST be exercised before December 18 2006.

From that it sounds like people that just purchased the personal get the following:
FS-Commercial: Three complimentary PCM Licenses valued at $297.

I think that this must be an option, and we have to choose what we want. Why would anyone choose the second one over the third one? OR will they offer a reduced rate on the V2 programmer? (HINT, HINT)

Blacky
September 17th, 2006, 04:16 PM
What would a no license, 90 day warranty, non-upgradable V1 unit cost? How many do you have left in stock? Just curious... ;)

I don't have a price on that config because it is not a viable product combination to sell.

I haven't counted but I think the runout sale might last until Christmas. Depends how many people take advantage of the low prices.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
September 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM
From that it sounds like people that just purchased the personal get the following:
FS-Commercial: Three complimentary PCM Licenses valued at $297.
I think that this must be an option, and we have to choose what we want. Why would anyone choose the second one over the third one? OR will they offer a reduced rate on the V2 programmer? (HINT, HINT)

What I wrote was not very clear (sorry). That list is a list of products that you might have purchased in the past 30 days. If you purcahsed any one of them you get the number of licenses listed to the right.

i.e.
If you purcahsed FS-Personal in the past 30 days you get 1 free PCM license.
If you purcahsed FS-Personal to Commercial Upgrade in the past 30 days you get 1 free PCM license.
If you purcahsed FS-Personal AND FlashScan Personal to Commercial Upgrade in the past 30 days you get 3 PCM Licenses.
If you purcahsed FS-Commercial in the past 30 days you get 3 free PCM licenses.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
September 17th, 2006, 04:21 PM
... I see it's Monday morning, and the upgrade prices are changed ;)
Hehe, yeah that's the part where it says effective Monday 18th Of September 2006. :cheers:

Paul

vxchev8
September 18th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Hello

What does FS2-S mean?

(http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=952&stc=1&d=1158586284)

Garry
September 18th, 2006, 02:15 AM
OK, new look website ... nice ...
Anyway, it may be just me, but I'm confused ... :) Folks, you most certainly put a lot of thought in this, and seem to be very good to all the existing customers as far as upgrade pricing goes, but the list is hard to understand and somewhat misleading ... ;) At least until you read (and possibly re-read) the WHOLE page ;)

I see there are two V2 products (I asume): FS2-S - most likely the Scan-Only version. FS2-T - the tuning-version. But the product code itself does not have any different code for personal, commercial and workshop. So, is there no "personal" anymore, just commercial?

Also, not quite clear - if one updates from old to new, you get to keep V1 with the VIN licences used on it. You also get a new V2 with two (unused) licenses. What happens if you want them transfered? Do the two licenses from the V1 plug REPLACE or ADD ON to the two on V2? The way I read it currently, you'd end up with 4 licences (or however many you had on the old plug plus the 2 new ones)

Either way, really looks like a fair and good deal folks! Tnx!! (when can I order my V2 upgrade? :))

ringram
September 18th, 2006, 04:08 AM
I think there is only one tune version in V2. You then buy the licenses or streams that you want on top.

johnsZ06
September 18th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Like Paul said, for those of you that can't wait, resellers have already adjusted the price and are taking orders now.

Chad,

Just placed my order to upgrade to commercial!

:cheers::cheers:

Black02SS
September 18th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks!! I have processed everyone's order except one. I am awaiting on him to submit his serial and auth code. Please bear with us as we are getting several orders for upgrades. Your orders will be processed ASAP. Feel free to contact me with any questions you guys may have.

Blacky
September 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
OK, new look website ... nice ...
Anyway, it may be just me, but I'm confused ... Folks, you most certainly put a lot of thought in this, and seem to be very good to all the existing customers as far as upgrade pricing goes, but the list is hard to understand and somewhat misleading ... At least until you read (and possibly re-read) the WHOLE page

I see there are two V2 products (I asume): FS2-S - most likely the Scan-Only version. FS2-T - the tuning-version. But the product code itself does not have any different code for personal, commercial and workshop. So, is there no "personal" anymore, just commercial?

Also, not quite clear - if one updates from old to new, you get to keep V1 with the VIN licences used on it. You also get a new V2 with two (unused) licenses. What happens if you want them transfered? Do the two licenses from the V1 plug REPLACE or ADD ON to the two on V2? The way I read it currently, you'd end up with 4 licences (or however many you had on the old plug plus the 2 new ones)

Either way, really looks like a fair and good deal folks! Tnx!! (when can I order my V2 upgrade? )
As Ringram said, There will be only FS2-S (scan Only) and FS2-T (Scan and Tune) which comes with 2 VIN Licenses (similar tro the old Personal and Commercial V1). No Personal, Commercial or Workshop distinction will be made. We and our resellers spend far too long explaining the differences and it only served to confuse potential customers.

Now you just need to buy one product. FS2-T, then add single VIN licenses or unlimited streams as desired. You can have up to 220 VIN licenses and 128 streams

As for transferring licenses, everything is always "in addition to". So you get 2 VINs on the FS2-T product, PLUS whatever you want to have transferred over from your V1 cable.

Really, when you consider that two VIN licenses cost $198, that puts the upgrade price of $299 (in the first month) at $299-$198=$101. We'll go out of business if we keep this up :)

We should rename the upgrade process to "FlashScan upgrade 101"

Regards
Paul

TLKSCHP
September 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I am going to do the upgrade but I will let it calm down a bit, i have nothing running to tune on anyway at the moment.

Black02SS
September 18th, 2006, 10:25 AM
We should rename the upgrade process to "FlashScan upgrade 101"

Regards
Paul
I'll make something tonight Paul that might explain the process and options a little better for customers.

Garry
September 18th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Leaves the question whether there will be any price difference in updating to commercial now and V2 in October, or just wait till October and go personal->V2 ... ;)

hdmax
September 30th, 2006, 02:47 AM
One of you, either Paul, or Ross, (I can't remember which!) stated that those of us with the Commercial v-1.2 would get 4 new licenses if we upgraded to V-2 in the first 30 days. Is this still true, or has something changed?

ringram
September 30th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I think you get $100 off instead.

hdmax
September 30th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I think you get $100 off instead.
It was offered that if one was to upgrade from the Commercial V-1.2 to the V-2.0 in the first 30 days of its release, that you got the $100 off, plus two extra licenses.

Blacky
September 30th, 2006, 02:00 PM
There are three distinct offers. Each offer is independant of the others.

1. The First Month Upgrade Discount

An upgrade in the first month of sales is $100 off which makes it $299 instead of $399. The first month will begin the day that EFILive announces V2 is available for public sale on our web site and will end one calander month later.

2. The 30 Day Exception

All customers who purchased the FS-C product in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive) will receive three complimentary VIN Licenses to mitigate the $300 price reduction of the V1 Commercial product.
All customers who purchased the FS-P product in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive) will receive one complimentary VIN License to mitigate the $100 price reduction of the V1 Personal to Commercial upgrade.
All customers who purchased the FS-P to FS-C upgrade in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive) will receive one complimentary VIN License to mitigate the $150 price reduction of the V1 Personal to Commercial upgrade.
Note: A few customers will fall into the category of having purchased BOTH the FS-P product AND the FSP to FS-C upgrade in the period from Aug 18, 2006 to Sep 17, 2006 (inclusive). Those customers will receive three complimentary VIN Licenses to mitigate the $300 price reduction of the V1 Commercial product.This offer expires on Dec 18, 2006.

3. The V2 Upgrade Deal

If you purchased the Commercial version before Sep 18 2006, then when you upgrade to V2 (regardless of the $299/$399 offer) you also get 2 free PCM licenses. There is no time limit on this extra 2 VIN license deal for Commercial customers.
Regards
Paul

Bruce Melton
October 7th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Will V2 software and subsequent upgrades be compatable with V1 when used with V1 compatable OSs?
Or asked another way- Have we seen the last V1 software upgrade?

ringram
October 7th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Current beta testing suggests v7 of the software works fine with both devices. You can interchange with no problem.

Paul can comment on v8 device support.

Blacky
October 7th, 2006, 08:07 AM
V1 will continue to receive software updates that are relevant for the vehicle supported by the V1 interface. Obviously if we add new features for CAN based vehicles or specifically for FlashScan V2 or AutoCal that V1 does not support, then those features will not be available on the V1 interface.

The next major software release (EFILive V8 due mid-late 2007) is being designed for FlashScan V2 only. It has a *lot* of features that are tied to the V2 and AutoCal hardware that V1 just does not support.

The next minor release of the EFILive software (EFILive V7.3.3 due out this month) supports both the V1 and the V2 interfaces. EFIlive V7 will continue to be supported after EFILive V8 is released.

The V7.3.3 software that supports the V1 hardware will always be available from our web site and bug fixes and small enhancements will continue to be made for at least 12 months (possibly longer) after V2 is released.

Regards
Paul

Bruce Melton
October 7th, 2006, 09:36 AM
V1 will continue to receive software updates that are relevant for the vehicle supported by the V1 interface. Obviously if we add new features for CAN based vehicles or specifically for FlashScan V2 or AutoCal that V1 does not support, then those features will not be available on the V1 interface.

The next major software release (EFILive V8 due mid-late 2007) is being designed for FlashScan V2 only. It has a *lot* of features that are tied to the V2 and AutoCal hardware that V1 just does not support.

The next minor release of the EFILive software (EFILive V7.3.3 due out this month) supports both the V1 and the V2 interfaces. EFIlive V7 will continue to be supported after EFILive V8 is released.

The V7.3.3 software that supports the V1 hardware will always be available from our web site and bug fixes and small enhancements will continue to be made for at least 12 months (possibly longer) after V2 is released.

Regards
Paul

All good news,
Thanks

Garry
October 7th, 2006, 11:36 AM
When updating, please try to fix the ","/"." locale issue between Scan and Tune ... :)