PDA

View Full Version : Good Kill

TAQuickness
September 19th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Finally got to drive the bird this morning - been waiting for the weather to clear.

So I'm out minding my own business, cruising an easy 75mph and a Lotus Elise (US model) starts riding my tail. Traffic breaks and he comes screaming along side me. I :D and slip it down to 4th and ease onto the throttle. At 30% tps, we're dead nuts even - Held it there for a moment to build his hopes, then ran it up to about 80% throttle and pulled away nicely. I only put about 3 cars on him (F-bod length) then took my exit.

Nice way to start a morning.

redhardsupra
September 19th, 2006, 03:23 AM
so it takes a pimped out 6.3L to take out a stock 1.8L due to 1500lbs difference? geeez, the only mods we should be doing involve a hacksaw...

TAQuickness
September 19th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Aww... common buddy - I didn't want to lay pipe on him. He probably would have made a stinking mess in his new car if I had dropped to 3rd and 100% TPS.

Garry
September 19th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Yeah, torque-wise it's no match ... weight-power-ratio it doesn't look as bad for him ... just don't start at it in curves ;)

joecar
September 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Lay pipe on him...:rockon: I don't like Elise's anyway, let him dirty it... yay...:rockon:

roy
September 25th, 2006, 06:34 AM
I had a band of those Banshees at the Hockenheimring . You couldn't drive a fbody dragging a dead cat with out passing one. Elise and various vehicles (http://www.fbodyeurope.org/albums/hockenheimring16sep2004/hringsep162004nomusik.wmv)
Vid is 10mins of really compressed video. SO the quality is pretty low.