PDA

View Full Version : available parameters on the LB7?

forcefedjunkie
September 19th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I just got the Flashscan software, and after connecting to a 2002 LB7 and entering the VIN I was only able to view a subset of available parameters.

For example, on the engine side I could not get MAF sensor amoung others, but more importantly to me could not get any of the Allison transmission parameters such as trans temp, slip, TCC %, torque etc. When the list of PID's came up, these were all labelled as unavailable.

On my Snap On Solus scanner I can get all of this stuff. Any ideas? TIA.

Todd

never satisfied
September 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I just got the Flashscan software, and after connecting to a 2002 LB7 and entering the VIN I was only able to view a subset of available parameters.

For example, on the engine side I could not get MAF sensor amoung others, but more importantly to me could not get any of the Allison transmission parameters such as trans temp, slip, TCC %, torque etc. When the list of PID's came up, these were all labelled as unavailable.

On my Snap On Solus scanner I can get all of this stuff. Any ideas? TIA.

Todd

for allison parameters try this.
Edit >> Properties >> Connection
Change the controller I.D to $18 TCM

Trippin
September 20th, 2006, 02:51 AM
for allison parameters try this.
Edit >> Properties >> Connection
Change the controller I.D to $18 TCM

:exactly:

forcefedjunkie
September 22nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Ok, so I followed the suggestions and was able to read some of the trans parameters - for a short time. Before I continue, is trans temp a transmission parameter found using the $18 TCM controller? It's called a "temperature" parameter on the display as opposed to "transmission". I could not read this at all no matter what I set the controller to.

Anyway, the software decided it would set itself to "General" scan mode, and no matter what I did it would not go back to Dynamic or streaming, including trying Edit>Properties>logging. It would show "streaming" as the selection, but once back in the data table, General scan mode would be listed. In General Scan Mode, I continually get a error saying that another mode is required to view parameters. Closing and opening EFILive Scan would ocassionally default to streaming, but eventually locked onto general. :frown: I cannot link to the vehicle at all now.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 if that matters.

Todd