PDA

View Full Version : Need help with P0200, fuel injector circuit

Ladyredhawk
September 24th, 2006, 02:39 AM
We just did a Head and Cam swap and now throwing DTC Code p0200. The code is for injector circuit. Scanning shows passenger side real lean, right side 02 sensor is almost flat lined around 200mV. the Ltrims & Strims are at 0? We switched the 02s around and still real lean on HO2 B2S1. Anyone know where to start trouble shooting this? Maybe bad injector? All connections, plugs and wires seem fine. Also what mode is it in when there is no fuel learning, i.e. trims not moving?

dfe1
September 24th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Since you just did a cam/heads swap and the problem didn't exist before, I'd start by checking the wiring and connections. My guess is that if the O2 voltage is flat lined at 200 mv, little or no fuel is getting to that side of the engine. If that's the case, then the injectors aren't firing, or that side of the fuel rail is blocked. My bet is the injectors aren't firing because of a connection issue, but that's just a guess. You're probably not seeing the LTFTs moving because the injector problem is preventing the system from going into closed loop. Are you logging fuel system status? Good luck. If all else fails, post a log file and you'll get some additional help.

ChipsByAl
September 24th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Check to make sure your injector fuse #2 is not blown. This fuse also supplies the passenger side coil/modules power so if it is blown you could have a problem there as well
AL

Ladyredhawk
September 24th, 2006, 04:59 AM
We have checked both fuses for the injectors, also checked all connections and wire harness. The P0200 code is keep it from going into closed loop. It is looking like one of the injectors on the passenger side is bad. Will be changing out the injectors this week, needed to go with larger ones anyhow, will see if that takes care of it.

ChipsByAl
September 24th, 2006, 06:35 AM
An open/shorted circuit is not too common in an OEM injector. Can you pinpoint which cylinder is misfiring? If so zone in on it at the PCM connector end. With the key on you can backprobe the injector return with a test light to ground. Wiggle the harness near the suspect injector and at the rear of the engine. If the light goes out, even for a moment, you will know the area of failure. It could be the connector but the open is most likely where the harness makes a 90 bend.
AL

Ladyredhawk
September 25th, 2006, 02:06 AM
This morning we switched out the #2 spark plug wire and problem went away! :nixweiss: These car are CRAZY sometime!!! :Eyecrazy: