PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan weekly update March 26, 2004

Blacky
March 28th, 2004, 01:17 PM
No, no, no, this is not late, it's just chronologically challenged.
(Sorry for the delay - I've been busy).

We have spent considerable time discussing how best to implement upgrades from EFILive Scan Tool to EFILive Tuning Tool - more on that in a later "weekly update".

The VIN change option *may* find its way into the EFILive V6 Scan Tool in the next patch release.

A decision to support the 97/8 PCMs is a lot closer. We have listened to *many* 97/98 owners and we are seriously investigating ways to include the 97/98's in the EFILive Tuning Tool list of supported vehicles. As many of you have said - "they are still LS1's!!!"

A beta test program for EFILive Tuning Tool will be set up shortly. EFILive will be inviting LS1 owners and LS1 workshops who believe they have the right credentials to be beta testers, to apply for a beta test license. Don't apply now, we will set up an online application form to collect the required information. The beta test program will be limited. Those chosen to participate in the beta test will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). All that will be explained on the application form.

Ok, it's back to work so we can get this tuning tool ready.

Regards
Paul

66ImpalaLT1
March 31st, 2004, 03:14 PM
What would the vin change do for me?

Blacky
March 31st, 2004, 04:44 PM
The VIN is stored in the PCM. If you change your PCM (for whatever reason) you may need/want to change the VIN in the PCM to match the actual VIN.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
April 1st, 2004, 03:26 AM
for your lt1 there is a vin changer from the tunercat people... might want to look into that...

for the ls1 there is a vin changer although i dont remember.. and yes... the best advantage would be when you have to replace pcms...

Now the question...

How can you go about it changing pcm in your system w/o people stealing a license? unless you have it as other companies that have the whole year unlocked.

Thanks...

jimmyblue
April 1st, 2004, 07:05 AM
If the "VIN changer" could do what I had the dealership do,
which is reflash my off-the-street PCM core in-car to my
VIN, that would have saved me $70 or so. I don't think
flashing PCM-to-vehicle-VIN is a license lock "leak" of any
consequence. Maybe there are ways somebody clever
could abuse the facility, but being able to bring in a spare
is a good safety net feature.

Blacky
April 1st, 2004, 07:56 AM
How can you go about it changing pcm in your system w/o people stealing a license? unless you have it as other companies that have the whole year unlocked.

Changing the VIN does not bypass what most people know as a "VIN lock".
Paul

Highlander
April 5th, 2004, 05:33 AM
I meant it for YOUR software... Which was why I said about the whole year thing ;)

But then again.. the more utils the merrier.. :D :D

Take care guys..

Blacky
April 5th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I meant it for YOUR software... Which was why I said about the whole year thing ;)

But then again.. the more utils the merrier.. :D :D

Take care guys..

I don't think any software product would use the VIN as a way to uniquely identify a PCM. The VIN can be easily changed.
EFILive will use a more sophisticated and foolproof method..

Regards
Paul

dissonance
April 28th, 2004, 02:46 AM
A decision to support the 97/8 PCMs is a lot closer. We have listened to *many* 97/98 owners and we are seriously investigating ways to include the 97/98's in the EFILive Tuning Tool list of supported vehicles. As many of you have said - "they are still LS1's!!!"

A beta test program for EFILive Tuning Tool will be set up shortly. EFILive will be inviting LS1 owners and LS1 workshops who believe they have the right credentials to be beta testers, to apply for a beta test license. Don't apply now, we will set up an online application form to collect the required information. The beta test program will be limited. Those chosen to participate in the beta test will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). All that will be explained on the application form.

i'm very great full to you guys for picking up the 97/98 pcm... i would also look forward to putting my car to work on the 98 bata...

Black LS1 T/A
May 20th, 2004, 04:28 AM
I have a '98 Trans Am and have experience tuning with LS1-Edit.

It is a Procharged LS1 stroked to 422. So far, without adequate fuel (fixing this now with rails, lines and dual-pump setup) to feed the FI 422, I've run 10.84 in the quarter mile. My top 1/4-mile top speed has been 126 MPH. It is currently putting down 549 RWHP and 757 RWTQ on an A4 tranny with unlocked converter.

I have Autotap and EFILive as well. I sure hope '98's will be covered. I want to upgrade from LS1Edit to FlashScan, if your support equals your EFILive support.

I guess you including the rest of us in the implementation will tell that story. ;)

Thanks!