PDA

View Full Version : Allison transmission

Whippled 496
September 24th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Looking through the available tables in the Allison TCM i see the reference to "TRQ Red" in table D5081 and a few others. I assume that means torque reduction or torque management. I knew that the Allison had its seperate controll over TM aside from the PCM, but i can not find a direct reference to this in any tables. What I mean is I was looking for a table that would allow me to adjust the amount of TM in the TCM but i dont see it. Am i missing something? Is there a place in the TCM that will allow me to control the TM of the Allison, because i dont think it can be done through the PCM on the Allison equiped vehicles......or at least thats what i was told.

By the way, i have a gas powered truck (petrol), i just figured this would be the logical place to get answers about the Allison since all the diesel guys have them.

Whippled 496
September 25th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Here is another thing, i noticed in my tune, that i still have the option to make changes in the "Transmission Calibration" and "Transmission Diagnostics" sections. I have the Allison (obviously) and am wondering even though i make my changes through the Allison TCM, if i make changes in the "transmission" sections of the PCM, will it have any effect on the tune? I realize it will have no effect if i manipulate the shifting areas, but if i were to make changes in the "torque reduction" areas, will that do anything to the tune? Same goes with Traction control under the "engine calibration" section......i dont have traction control, but if i were to change one of the fields like "MAX torque by RPM", will that effect anything?