PDA

View Full Version : Can we start a LS2 page???

Redline Motorsports
September 29th, 2006, 01:50 AM
I am posting this here as the V bulletin page seems to get no views!

With the V2 looming in the near future :master: there is most certainly going to be a large influx of LS2/LS7 posts coming up. Since the LS2 has been out for 3 years many of us have already had some experience with and/or exposure to some of the tuning aspects that will be popping up. I wouldn't expect a high volume of posts but maybe we can get some stickys going regarding basic information such as differences between LS1 to LS2, injector information, bugs in GM's software :Eyecrazy: etc......

I think the current General Tuning page could also be split up a bit more with the addition of a transmission page.

Ross/Paul...............your thoughts?

Howard

Black02SS
September 29th, 2006, 02:41 AM
I like the idea HT.

PS - I HATE my new hours.

Bruce Melton
September 29th, 2006, 03:01 AM
With all that is new with those OSs, no VE as I hear, tuning those will be a new game, thus a new section would help focus.

Redline Motorsports
September 29th, 2006, 03:07 AM
I like the idea HT.

PS - I HATE my new hours.

I thought you where going back to the late night tech line shift? :muahaha:

Bruce, most definately is a whole new game! The LS7 is even another level it seems!

I hope the powers to be can see this as a good way to start the V2 structure into the site!

Howard

Redline Motorsports
October 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Paul/Ross,

Is this an option? Maybe this can us a jump start to the future!

Howard

Blacky
October 4th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Yes good idea on splitting the forum into - probably:

Gas/Petrol:

LS1/LS6
LS2/LS7
LL8Transmission

4L60E/4L80E
AllisonDiesel

LB7/LLY
LBZ Any other sub-forum options?

Regards
Paul

Tordne
October 4th, 2006, 09:58 AM
We should keep the Custom OS and RoadRunner Sections as well. People were talking about regional forums as well, but I think there is only about 5 people in New Zealand so I'd get left out ;)

Instead of LS1/LS6 and LS2/LS7 how about something like GenIII and GenIV. Have a look at the number of actual engine designations on my site - it is quite amazing how many variations there are :eek:

Scoota
October 4th, 2006, 10:34 AM
People were talking about regional forums as well, but I think there is only about 5 people in New Zealand so I'd get left out ;)

You could have Aust/NZ combined.

Bruce Melton
October 4th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I think all LS2/7s are opened only by V2?
Also we have L92, L76 etc. that will be V2 only prospects.
Should all the GM V2 gas "Ls" be together?

ChipsByAl
October 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM
How about the 6L60-E transmission? I'm sure it will be quite different from the others as well.
Al

Redline Motorsports
October 4th, 2006, 03:34 PM
We should be careful not to group too much as it will be harder over time to find good info.

I think that LS2 and LS7 can be grouped for sure as well as leaving a LS1/LS6. The GEN4 stuff, from what I have played with between LS2 and LS7 are a bit different but there are so few LS7 that it can be stuffed together. The GEN3 stuff should have a separate tranny section vs. engine. That is if the V2 supports it.

I am not to up on the LS2 auto tranny stuff especially with the C6 setup but maybe that should its own section within GEN4.

:cheers:

Howard

Chuck CoW
October 4th, 2006, 05:18 PM
We should be careful not to group too much as it will be harder over time to find good info.

I think that LS2 and LS7 can be grouped for sure as well as leaving a LS1/LS6. The GEN4 stuff, from what I have played with between LS2 and LS7 are a bit different but there are so few LS7 that it can be stuffed together. The GEN3 stuff should have a separate tranny section vs. engine. That is if the V2 supports it.

I am not to up on the LS2 auto tranny stuff especially with the C6 setup but maybe that should its own section within GEN4.

:cheers:

Howard

From my experience..(HP TUNER) ...05 E40 stuff is by itself.....Lately, I have been doing alot of E38 stuff and I find that the LS2 and LS7 for the 06 & 07 model years are identical....Very little difference.....The A6 trans is REALLY COOL...kinda sucky cause there's alot of stuff going on in there....We don't have pressure control yet....And this trans seems to have some sort of adaptive stuff going on that is not reset when the module is flashed....I still have to play with it more..Not sure if it's the editor/flash utility or something built in....

E38 stuff is interesting.....NO VE TABLE!!!! AAHHHHH!!!! Makes tuning a bitch.... 05 corvette has a VE.....06 Corvette does not. 06 TRAILBLAZER SS has a VE (go figure) 07 escalade does not. 07 corvette does not.

06 and 07 vehicles in general have what appears to be EXTRA TQ managment the E40's do not.

I'm thinking that if there is to be a division of the forums....it should be by controller type.....and maybe a sub title to help the ones that aren't familiar with the nomenclature. I've found that all of the controllers act differently when you start learning them..

For instance....the 06 cars seem to be very touchy when it comes to MAF table adjustments (likely due to the lack of VE table) also, wierd enough...the 06 C6 corvette has a conventional maf sensor.....While the LS7 06 and 07 ZO6 corvette have a small import looking MAF...while the car itself is the same and the controller and software appear to be identical.

Let me tell you one thing though.....You gotta watch your scanner on the road....PHEW is that E38 controller FAST!

That's my experience....I've done TONS of 06 stuff this summer and now getting into the 07's....The 07's seem the same as the 06's so far....I hope they don't change this crap EVERY TWO YEARS!

Stay Tuned,
Chuck CoW