PDA

View Full Version : Power Burst at 3500 and about 50% throttle?????

CTP Racing
September 29th, 2006, 05:08 AM
I am working on a 01 Z06 Vette. I did the AutoVE tuning and everything went well and gained a good amount of power. The car drives great and everything seems to be tuned well except for at cruising speeds. It is more noticable in second gear but happens in almost all of them. At about half throttle and about 3500rpm the car surges forward with a power boost. I need to get the powerband smoothed out so it doesn't all come on at once or whatever is going on. It isn't adding a ton of timing or fuel and it happens if the a/c is on or off. Anyone have any ideas on where to start or how to smooth it out? I verified that load condition and rpm and made sure that there was not any major peaks or valley's in the VE table. I can post the tune and log files if needed.

Dirk Diggler
September 29th, 2006, 05:37 AM
post the tune so wer can take a look see

SSpdDmon
September 29th, 2006, 06:50 AM
You say it's not adding a bunch of timing or fuel, but are you sure? It sounds like PE might be kicking in. My stock Z06 tune shows a PE enable of 55% @ 3600RPM. If I'm right on this one, just think of how badass that car could be with a custom OS. :) Command a little more fuel progressively for >25% throttle. It may just wake that car up down low...

TAQuickness
September 29th, 2006, 06:58 AM
You say it's not adding a bunch of timing or fuel, but are you sure? It sounds like PE might be kicking in. My stock Z06 tune shows a PE enable of 55% @ 3600RPM. If I'm right on this one, just think of how badass that car could be with a custom OS. :) Command a little more fuel progressively for >25% throttle. It may just wake that car up down low...

OS5 is great for that ;)

CTP - are you sure you're it's not the cam coming into it's peak effeciency? I know if I'm lugging along in 4th around 1500 RPM and step on it, she wakes up big time when I pass the 3200 mark.