PDA

View Full Version : What day in October?

LSRacing
September 30th, 2006, 07:35 AM
When is this going to be reeased? Would be nice to plan for.

Blacky
September 30th, 2006, 09:44 AM
We don't know. As soon as we can, but not before it is ready. I know that doesn't help much but I guess if you plan for late October you may be pleasantly surprised, if you plan for early october you will probably be disappointed.

Regards
Paul

Bruce Melton
September 30th, 2006, 10:35 AM
We don't know. As soon as we can, but not before it is ready. I know that doesn't help much but I guess if you plan for late October you may be pleasantly surprised, if you plan for early october you will probably be disappointed.

Regards
Paul
Sounds kinda like timing issue offset by knock retard to me. Let me do a MAP.

Garry
September 30th, 2006, 04:37 PM
:lol:

ScarabEpic22
October 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Sounds great guys, how much will an upgrade from V1 to V2 cost (I have used 1 license and have 1 more left over)? Sorry if this isnt the right place, but I think I might get V2 even if I dont need it now and send back my V1 cable so if I get a TrailBlazer SS (LS2) I can tune it once the upgrade is created for the LS2.

Thanks!

kbracing96
October 3rd, 2006, 05:11 AM
In the first 30 days after release, it $299, comes with 2 free licenses and you keep your V1 with the one remaining license. After 30 days, it $399.

ace68
October 3rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
or he could send in his v1 and have the vin's transfered over to the v2.

ScarabEpic22
October 3rd, 2006, 02:43 PM
or he could send in his v1 and have the vin's transfered over to the v2.
Thats what I plan to do, then I would have 3 unused licenses on a V2 cable and the 1 used one for my TrailBlazer, correct?

ace68
October 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
That's how I understand it to be. You have one unused vin and one used on your v1 so when you turn in the v1 you will have 3 total unused returned to you on your v2 along with the vin or the truck. It's like were only paying 99 bucks for the new unit, got to love that.

ScarabEpic22
October 3rd, 2006, 05:19 PM
That's how I understand it to be. You have one unused vin and one used on your v1 so when you turn in the v1 you will have 3 total unused returned to you on your v2 along with the vin or the truck. It's like were only paying 99 bucks for the new unit, got to love that.

Sweet, I think I can swing $299, but I better remember when V2 comes out to act quickly!!:D

Blacky
October 4th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I don't have a crystal ball but here's what I think is most likely to happen.

1. FlashScan V2 testing will be completed in mid-late October.
2. EFIlive begins to take FlashScan Orders late October.
3. We ship out as many units as we can before Oct 30.
4. EFILive (all of us) drag ourselves to Las Vegas on Oct 30 for SEMA. So shipping is suspended for a week and a half.
5. We return second week of Novemeber and continue shipping.

But that is just an educated guess - things can still go wrong even at this late stage.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 4th, 2006, 11:13 AM
So once V2 is released, I (we) have 30days in which to send you our V1 cables and upgrade to V2 for $299, correct?

Blacky
October 4th, 2006, 11:37 AM
It is 1 month to place and pay for your order.
Shipping times don't play any part in determining eligibility.

Regards
Paul

SinCity-Z
October 4th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Are you taking pre orders or can I get it at the SEMA show?

Monty
Las Vegas

kbracing96
October 4th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Are you packing lots of "extra" suitcases full of "esenciales" to give to your US resellers when you come to the US for SEMA???:D

Blacky
October 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Are you taking pre orders or can I get it at the SEMA show?

Monty
Las Vegas

I'm not sure if you will be able to place orders at SEMA. If you do the orders will be handled through B&B Electronics (AutoTap). There will be no product delivery, we don't have the facilities to handle bulk product at the show.

Paul

Blacky
October 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Are you packing lots of "extra" suitcases full of "esenciales" to give to your US resellers when you come to the US for SEMA???:D
A nice idea, I'd love to bring a hunderd with me. But the "security" arrangements at international airports these days is a nightmare and the less I carry the easier it is.

Once Ross gave me a PCM with a harness attached (picture a shiny metal box with lots of wires coming out of it) with a big note on it saying "don't connect the red wire to the black wire or it will blow up". Customs was mighty interested in what it was and what was inside it - I was taken away to a little room for a "chat".:bash:

Paul

Garry
October 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
"don't connect the red wire to the black wire or it will blow up".
You just have to love practical jokes ... but then, he was kind'a right ... :)

Did you make it to your plane in time? :lol:

Redline Motorsports
October 6th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Regards
Paul

Have mine wrapped up at the SEMA booth! LOL!!!

That way I'll give you to beginning of November!

Howard :)

Cougar281
October 7th, 2006, 01:56 AM
How long is SEMA? If it's a few days, you could FedEx a box to yourself at your hotel...

A nice idea, I'd love to bring a hunderd with me. But the "security" arrangements at international airports these days is a nightmare and the less I carry the easier it is.

Once Ross gave me a PCM with a harness attached (picture a shiny metal box with lots of wires coming out of it) with a big note on it saying "don't connect the red wire to the black wire or it will blow up". Customs was mighty interested in what it was and what was inside it - I was taken away to a little room for a "chat".:bash:

Paul

Garry
October 9th, 2006, 07:05 AM
To quote Bart and Lisa:

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" :)

emarkay
October 9th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Just don't bring any shoes with fuses sticking out, Gatoraide bottles with liquid filled condoms inside them, point to Mecca and bow before boarding the plane, or wear your "Peace on Earth", "I'm Bushwacked", "Osama is my co-pilot", "T.S.A.=Terrible Stupid Annoyances" or "Today Iraq, Tomorrow the World!" T-shirts and you'll be OK. :)

Will you be going anywhere else in the USA besides Vegas?

Blacky
October 9th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Will you be going anywhere else in the USA besides Vegas?

Obviously we fly through LA. But there's no time to get around anywhere else in the US. Last year I said next year we'll have time. This year I hope that next year we'll have time.

Paul

slowhawk
October 9th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Are you guy's going to have a distibuter in the US? That way we don't have to send over sea's and have a shorter turnaround?

ace68
October 16th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I hope it don't come out untill the end of the month because I have to get a quadra link for my 68 and won't have much extra cash to pay for the upgrade.......

now I need a new welder for the suspension stuff, man that stuff is thick

SinCity-Z
October 17th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I wish I had it now! I just finished a 427 build on my 04 Corvette Z06. This is all I am waiting on :bawl:

Monty

Tordne
October 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I wish I had it now! I just finished a 427 build on my 04 Corvette Z06. This is all I am waiting on :bawl:

Monty

Do you have FlashScan V1 already? If so you should be able to do that already.

SinCity-Z
October 19th, 2006, 11:08 AM
No I have EFI Live : ( 2 1/2 yrs old. This will also be my first time tuning so I may be asking alot of questions and reading everything possible.

MC