PDA

View Full Version : Schematics?

Garry
September 30th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Is there some kind of schematics or flowchart around to explain the basics as to which tables/settings work together leading to the amount of fuel being delivered?

Like, take the AFR from table Bxxxx, depending on RPM, MAP and TPS add/deduct so much, etc... (would make a nice addition to the Wiki ;) )

TAQuickness
October 1st, 2006, 12:39 AM
I don't think it's been done, but has been discussed before.

By the time you take the effort to look up the 1, 2 or 12 tables that are adding fuel, you become familiar enough with it that a tutorial may not help or may not be worth creating.

If it's to be done, there would be a need to have schematics for each OS.

Garry
October 1st, 2006, 12:41 AM
Can we start with COS5? :) I offer to do the graphics if someone can share their knowledge ;)

Garry
October 1st, 2006, 09:08 AM
Hm ... I've gone through the tables via Search (COS5!), trying to locate what all goes into the AFR ... comments please ... :)

TAQuickness
October 1st, 2006, 09:31 AM
looks like you're off to a great start!

joecar
October 2nd, 2006, 05:12 AM
Garry,

Good job. :cheers:

Suggestions:
a. where flows join togther additively, place a circle (so the flows all enter the circle) and label each flow with + or -.
b. where flows join together multiplicatively, place a triangle (so the flows all enter the "base") and label each flow with * or /, and the result flows out of the "apex".

Garry
October 2nd, 2006, 05:48 AM
This was just a first attempt to get some feedback on how far off I am with my understanding of the PCM finding what AFR to command ... definitely need cleaning up ... and needs other areas added to it, like ignition degrees, etc ...

bK
October 2nd, 2006, 09:45 PM
Hi Garry,

Great job, esp. for a first attempt, you wouldn't imagine that I was thinking up the same thing last weekend. My idea also included somehow to embed the links to the Flashscan tables from within the flow chart, just to make it real easy! ;)

Cheers,
Brett

C5 TT
April 29th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Hm ... I've gone through the tables via Search (COS5!), trying to locate what all goes into the AFR ... comments please ... :)

Garry,
That is a great flow chart. Did you get a chance to make any additions to it?
If so maybe you could post it here.

I am new to tuning, this chart explains alot of what I am looking for.:) :cheers:

Garry
April 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Not yet ... too much other stuff to do ... open for suggestions/improvements of course ...