PDA

View Full Version : Win a new V2!

GMPX
October 2nd, 2006, 11:01 PM
New competiton over at the Diesel Place.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106072

Cheers,
Ross

ace68
October 3rd, 2006, 01:29 AM
I made a few suggestions I think I'll win

Diesel Injector Controll Knob BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SIZE OF YOUR KNOB

joecar
October 3rd, 2006, 04:40 AM
Roflmao

emarkay
October 3rd, 2006, 07:14 AM
Hmmm, here in Nowheresville, Indiana, living next to one of the only ATM's in town, this reminds me of some of my rural annoyances. Thus, here are my top 3 gripes relating to vehicles.

Kids with loud radios expressing disco/rap/hop/whatever that crap is called.
Kids with modified exhausts that sound like model airplanes.
Adults with honkin' big Diesel pick-up trucks "rat-tat-tatt-ling" away like a worn out old Mack truck.

The first two our local law enforcement have dealt with "appropriately" ;)
The latter, well, even they admit, it's the nature of the beasts...

So, how 'bout if I give away a FREE hour of restful sleep, to the person who can invent a feature to quiet these behemoths while they idle at the ATM? :)

ace68
October 3rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Hmmm, here in Nowheresville, Indiana, living next to one of the only ATM's in town, this reminds me of some of my rural annoyances. Thus, here are my top 3 gripes relating to vehicles.

Kids with loud radios expressing disco/rap/hop/whatever that crap is called.
Kids with modified exhausts that sound like model airplanes.
Adults with honkin' big Diesel pick-up trucks "rat-tat-tatt-ling" away like a worn out old Mack truck.

The first two our local law enforcement have dealt with "appropriately" ;)
The latter, well, even they admit, it's the nature of the beasts...

So, how 'bout if I give away a FREE hour of restful sleep, to the person who can invent a feature to quiet these behemoths while they idle at the ATM? :)

boooooooo deisels rule!

TAQuickness
October 3rd, 2006, 11:51 AM
Looks like the Diesel guys are getting a 1000 hp knob - I still like my button though.

ace68
October 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Diesel Injector Controll Knob BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SIZE OF YOUR KNOB

They removed it and a few others, man they were good ones too.

Cougar281
October 3rd, 2006, 03:53 PM
I wish I was creative enough to compete in your contests...:frown:

Trippin
October 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
You may rest easy my friend. Duramaxs don't rattle like the Fords and the Dodges you are used to hearing at the local ATM.

23,000 psi of pressure at the injector and pilot injection will make you wonder if it is a gas motor under the hood. Right up until the time we floor it, then the only question is if it is a gas motor tuned with HPT or a Diesel that is blowing all that black smoke. :D

emarkay
October 4th, 2006, 02:38 AM
You may rest easy my friend. Duramaxs don't rattle like the Fords and the Dodges you are used to hearing at the local ATM.

23,000 psi of pressure at the injector and pilot injection will make you wonder if it is a gas motor under the hood. Right up until the time we floor it, then the only question is if it is a gas motor tuned with HPT or a Diesel that is blowing all that black smoke. :D

OK I never looked at who's truck brand it is. If that's true, someone ought to tell Chevy - it'd be a sales feature for those who like to sleep with their windows open! :)

hdmax
October 4th, 2006, 06:45 AM
OK I never looked at who's truck brand it is. If that's true, someone ought to tell Chevy - it'd be a sales feature for those who like to sleep with their windows open! :)

All three brands are extremely quite now days.

TAQuickness
October 22nd, 2006, 06:37 AM
y'all pick a winner yet?

1998ws6
October 22nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
The d-max pilot injection is NICE, Drove one for the first time yesterday, it was slow compared to the 400hp/780# Ford 6.0 diesel I am used to driving/tuning but it was quieter than some of the piston slaping Chevy 6.0's gas motors I have seen in the past.

Ryan