PDA

View Full Version : A-4 in third for Dyno

Beer99C5
October 4th, 2006, 11:51 AM
When I was dabbling with the Predator, James at RWTD said he could create a tune to keep the transmission in third gear (1:1) for dyno runs.

Can I do the same by just using the bidirectional controls on the dyno?

Get the drum rolling, let it get to third, then lock it in third with the Bi-Dir; do the pull, then unlock it?

joecar
October 4th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Should be able to; can also lock/unlock the TCC if required.

zrx1200
October 6th, 2006, 07:07 AM
with a bit of wiring and an extra switch you can have full manual.been meaning to try it ....d0409.......these options enable the various shift pattern modes within the PCM.
Note: J1 is the 'BLUE' connector on the PCM.
Switch types used must be momentary connect to ground.

'No Switch' = Performance mode via a switch is not functional.
'One Switch' = Performance mode via a switch can be activated (J1 - pin71).
'Two Switches' = Performance mode via a switch can be activated (J1 - pin71), and Manual Mode can be activated (J1 - pin31).
'C2 Data Bus' = Shift pattern modes are sent on the data bus to the PCM from another module, eg - BCM.

Only the following values may be entered into this table:
- No Switch
- One Switch
- Two Switches
- C2 Data Bus

minytrker
December 7th, 2006, 03:18 AM
with a bit of wiring and an extra switch you can have full manual.been meaning to try it ....d0409.......these options enable the various shift pattern modes within the PCM.
Note: J1 is the 'BLUE' connector on the PCM.
Switch types used must be momentary connect to ground.

'No Switch' = Performance mode via a switch is not functional.
'One Switch' = Performance mode via a switch can be activated (J1 - pin71).
'Two Switches' = Performance mode via a switch can be activated (J1 - pin71), and Manual Mode can be activated (J1 - pin31).
'C2 Data Bus' = Shift pattern modes are sent on the data bus to the PCM from another module, eg - BCM.

Only the following values may be entered into this table:
- No Switch
- One Switch
- Two Switches
- C2 Data Bus

So if I used one switch, I could switch between normal and performance mode and run 2 differnt shift modes on my camaro?

Doc
December 7th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Yes I do believe you are on the right track. I think it would be like the "Tow/Haul" mode on a Silverado.

minytrker
December 7th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Cool, thats what Im looking for. I want to do a street n/a setup and strip n2o setup. I will have to try it out in the next few weeks when I get the car finished hopefully.

Treurentner
December 8th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Hi,

thats very interesting info for the later OS. But how to activate the performance mode tables on the 97/98 PCM under OS #9352031 (97th vette).
The tables are already there but how to switch them on?
In the cal is no D0409...:bawl:

Marco

Redline Motorsports
December 13th, 2006, 03:07 PM
When I was dabbling with the Predator, James at RWTD said he could create a tune to keep the transmission in third gear (1:1) for dyno runs.

Can I do the same by just using the bidirectional controls on the dyno?

Get the drum rolling, let it get to third, then lock it in third with the Bi-Dir; do the pull, then unlock it?

I do that all the time when pulling a A4 on the dyno. I get the car into 3rd gear, select 3rd gear and also lock up the converter. make the pull and deactivate the TC and deselect the gear.

Howard