PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE not working - SOS!

jamesbond2509
October 4th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I am currently usisng COS 03 and trying to Autotune. When I loaded the autove calibration into the PCM the engine would not idle. It chugged smelled liike gas and sputtered. Can anyone help please. I went through the tutorial twice.

Thanks

Tordne
October 4th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Do you have a wide band controller to verify the actual air/fuel mixture? If so what was the actual AFR at idle?

Probably the easiest thing for you to do is attach your tune file to a post here so that w can download and have a look.

jamesbond2509
October 4th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Before downloading the autove file the wideband was reading normal 14.63+/- 0.4. After the calibration file was flashed, the engine could not stay on long enough to get a good wideband readout. It just sputtered.

:nixweiss:

Tordne
October 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
So.. Prior to attempting the AutoVE were you running with MAF or without (Speed Density)? Could it be that your VE table has been increased too much and it is just super rich? Also check the A0008 table as that is a multiplier to the B3647 fueling table. Generally at operating temps that A0008 table will be a value of 1.0.

jamesbond2509
October 4th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Before removing the MAF was running semi open loop with MAF using the COS.

:nixweiss:

jamesbond2509
October 4th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Also checked A0008 and its set at 1

dc_justin
October 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Mind posting up your tune so that we can take a look?

Tordne
October 4th, 2006, 05:17 PM
OK.. I have some findings ;)

First and probably most important the IFR table for your injectors is wrong. In the trucks the IFR table is flat cause they have a fuel pressure regulator (someone had to tell me this a while ago). So I’m guessing that you will need to calculate the values for your stock injectors, the check a stock tune and find out which value they used (0 or 80 kPa vacuum). Then calculate the IFR for your current injectors and then use the value from the 0 or 80 vacuum (whichever you established is correct).

Secondly, I notice that you increased the VE table by probably 15% (think that is what the tutorial calls for). That could be too much.. But, given your mods I’d leave that for the moment and check out the injector stuff first.

Cheers,

jamesbond2509
October 4th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I have disabled the boost reference as the regulator was not reliable. I tried starting up at 10% VE and 15% VE and no luck. Please advise.

Thanks

TAQuickness
October 5th, 2006, 04:03 AM
In the idle region of the VE table, try using stock values or reducing the values just a bit.

Tordne
October 5th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Hey TA, what do you think about the IFR table not being flat on the truck? He says he has disabled the boost reference but I don't know enough about it. I just know that the stock trucks IFR tables are flat, and that if this is the problem he will be over fueling by huge amounts...

joecar
October 5th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Thinking about it...

map-referenced: IFR = R0 * sqrt((FP + BARO) / P0) = constant (e.g. truck)

non-referenced: IFR = R0 * sqrt((FP + BARO - MAP) / P0) = reverse sloped with MAP (e.g. car)

so the map-referenced IFR would be higher than any non-referenced IFR (since MAP never goes to zero);

the higher IFR means the injectors open for a shorter period to deliver the same fuelmass;
so this and the flat IFR means he will be underfueled, especially at high MAP;

Have I gotten it right, or have I mess it up...? :Eyecrazy:

jamesbond2509
October 5th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I tried using a flatlined IFR at 43 (as previous) and no luck! Any other suggestions. Still desparate!

jamesbond2509
October 5th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I went over the tune with Jesse at Wait4me and concluded that either the IFR's need to be adjusted or my VE is way off. so I will try some things over the weekend. If you have any more recommendations please advise.

Thanks!

Tordne
October 5th, 2006, 08:01 PM
So basically what I said then ;) Good luck...

joecar
October 6th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Yep, what Andrew said; IFR is required to be correct otherwise everything else is skewed.

jamesbond2509
October 8th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Andrew and Jocar

Changing the IFR worked!

Thanks for your quick replies!

Tordne
October 8th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Happy to help mate!