PDA

View Full Version : Injector pulse width

Bruce Melton
October 6th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I am fighting to run my SVO 42s at idle and low RPM. Am using RHS IFR which seems to be ok except I go to way lean ~16-18 and worse"lean" (PLX) if it idles more more than 15 seconds. Can't seem to ever give it enough VE at idle. Still fooling with MAF but:
My min pulse width is set stock to 1.26ms and I see from log data a min of .305. Is that as obvious as the injector is going sub allowed PW and starving the cyl?
If so what would you do?
I am thinking of opening up IFR down low or reducing min pulse width.
As always, seeking good direction,
Thanks
Bruce

Redline Motorsports
October 6th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I think the B4003 and B4004 should be reduced. I usually reduce it by 50%. The larger injectors are a bit lazy at low pulse widths I think due to the size of the windings and weight that physically needs to be pulsed. Grab a set of 96 lbs'ers. They feel like a roll of quarters!

Good topic that can use some more views.

Howard

TAQuickness
October 6th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Bruce - I've found my SVO42's don't give a reliable squirt below 1.79xxx MS. I usually hit this condition during non-DFCO decel. I ended up setting the lower injector pulse limit's around this time and adding about .1 ms for a low pulse width.

Now instead of dangerously lean, I'm a little fat in those areas.

Bruce Melton
October 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM

I tried to lay out the stock values above which are the ones I am using-
Could you be more specific?
Thanks,

TAQuickness
October 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
pm sent

SSpdDmon
October 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
pm sent
Can u forward this pm to me too? I've got some 30's that I'll be dialing soon...