PDA

View Full Version : Can you smooth out the AFR readings in FS?

Redline Motorsports
October 14th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Is there a way to smooth out the signal from LM-1 that the FS reads? I think that you can change the refresh rate of the LM-1, which may be the way to do this, but maybe I have something configured wrong.

Just seems like when I watch the log the AFR is jagged and hard to really determine the AFR.

Thanks

Howard

TAQuickness
October 14th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Not sure with the LM-1, but with the LC-1 you can tell the controller how often to send the output. Black02SS can probably answer that one for you.

Other wise you could write a rather elaborate custom PID to try and filter the data.

Black02SS
October 14th, 2006, 02:22 PM
It is the same with both the LC1 and LM1. Change the rate to either 1/6th or 1/12th and that will help with that. The problem is we are only looking at 10 FPS when the wideband outputs faster then that most of the time.

Redline Motorsports
October 14th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I am pretty sure the LM-1 has the same functions as the LC-1. Its been a while since I was in the LM-1 to play with the settings but remember a setting for adjusting the rate.

I am wondering why the display is steady but the FS readings are erractic. Thats why I was wondering if the FS had a filter.

Where are yah Black???? sleepin' :wave:

HT