PDA

View Full Version : N20 Switch wiring with OS5.

John02SS
October 15th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I've installed OS5 already and I'm looking to wire in the N20 switch. I have a switch that activates the nitrous kit on the car and would like to wire into it so that when I arm the kit the N20 section of the tune file activates. I see that the pin needs to be grounded for activation, but I think the switch is constant grounded and activates via the 12 volt power source, is that correct? In this case is there a way to make it work, or do I need a seperate 2 pole toggle to ground the pcm pin? Thanks.

John

zrx1200
October 15th, 2006, 09:17 PM
you could switchit via a relay from your no2 switch

Beer99C5
October 15th, 2006, 10:43 PM
So if the PCM is seeking ground to complete the valet mode, the PCM valet wire would go to the + side Accessory of the relay, and when the window switch activates, The ground is complete and the accessory (Noid) and the Valet Mode is activated with the relay completing the ground?

I have to upgrade the OS first, still dabbling with VE and MAF cal, be awhile till I get to this, but looking to do the same.

Hope your shop is going strong John, if I was in Pensacola, I Would look ya up and use your services for my dry wet combo :cheers:

John02SS
October 16th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks fellas!

Beer,
Business is rocking man! We stay wrapped up, and I wish you was closer as I'd love to tune it for you again. I'm running a Nitro dave switch panel if that helps. I wish I could just wire to the switch on the panel, but if a relay works then I'll go that route. Thanks man!