PDA

View Full Version : V7.1.9 Pre-release is now available

Blacky
April 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM
EFILive has made V7.1.9 available as a pre-release version.
That means it has not yet been completely certified for production use. It has been extensively tested in-house at EFILive and in the field by our team of dedicated beta testers.

However, there may be some issues that have not been resolved and we recommend not using this new release in a critical production environment.

The official public release is scheduled for the last week of April.

Read about the changes in V7.1.9 here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/v719_updates.html

Download the pre-release version here (it is 16.5Mb):
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html#V719

If you discover any problems with this latest release, please post them in this thread.

Regards
Paul

emarkay
April 11th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Paul you want me to look over the documentation prior to public release?

MRK

Blacky
April 11th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Paul you want me to look over the documentation prior to public release?

MRK

Yes, I'll have some time on the plane to Melbourne (Wednesday and Saturday) to get most of the doco updated. I'll send a copy on Sunday.

Thanks
Paul

SinisterSS
April 11th, 2005, 10:25 AM
On my desktop (XP) C: drive, I renamed my previous V7 folder to V7.1.9.203 and installed the new software.

Right at the end of the install, I got this error...do I need to regedit the old stuff out before installing?

http://www.nitro-nights.com/2005v/efilive/efilivee.jpg

SinisterSS
April 11th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Editing the registry fixed it. Nothing to see here, move along. :D

P.S. We switching over to the new forum soon? I registered on it the brief moment it was up today. 8)

Blacky
April 11th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Editing the registry fixed it. Nothing to see here, move along. :D

P.S. We switching over to the new forum soon? I registered on it the brief moment it was up today. 8)

A better option is to copy the existing folders, not rename them. Renaming them is equivalent to deleting them. The installer wants to find and replace the dll but can't find it so can't re-register it properly. Glad you got it sorted.

No new forum is being set up right now (but hopefully soon) - it may have been a bug with phpBB - I'm not sure.
Paul

SinisterSS
April 11th, 2005, 10:39 AM
As a beta tester, I like to live on the edge. :P

John Skiba
April 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM
:lol:
(Marked in Favorites for future use. ;) )

SinisterSS
April 11th, 2005, 12:44 PM
:lol:
(Marked in Favorites for future use. ;) )

I'm the reason we have log files of the tuning process. 8)

Blacky
April 11th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I'm the reason we have log files of the tuning process. 8)

I guess we should have called the *.blx files *.rick files :)

Paul

Tordne
April 12th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I think I might have found a problem with the 7.1.9 pre-release...

My car is a 2002 VXII Holden Commodore, OS is 12202088.

I recorded/logged what should have been a 45 minute run this morning and saved the file. When opening the file again I noticed that it was much smaller than I was expecting, and that there is a massive hole in the middle of the data.

From the start of the recording it logs for just under 2 minutes, then there is a gap of just over 30 minutes and then the last 20 odd seconds.

This is the first recording I have done with 7.1.9, it had previously worked every time with 7.1.8 & 7.1.7.

Just thought I would pass it on.

Cheers,
Andrew

02Z06
April 12th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I think I may have discovered a problem with the shift tables in V7.1.9. I looked at an 04 C5 with 2.73 Gears and it shows @ WOT SHIFT 1-2-74MPH,2-3-149MPH, 3-4-410MPH. I went to change to 3.42 Gears but all the values even at part throttle seems way high as well. Has anyone else noticed this?

John Skiba
April 12th, 2005, 11:34 AM
I think I may have discovered a problem with the shift tables in V7.1.9. I looked at an 04 C5 with 2.73 Gears and it shows @ WOT SHIFT 1-2-74MPH,2-3-149MPH, 3-4-410MPH. I went to change to 3.42 Gears but all the values even at part throttle seems way high as well. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is this a stock .bin file or one that was caputured with a previous version or modified with a pervious version?

02Z06
April 12th, 2005, 11:41 AM
[quote]Is this a stock .bin file or one that was caputured with a previous version or modified with a pervious version?

This is a stock.tune file read with V7.1.8

John Skiba
April 12th, 2005, 11:43 AM
[quote]Is this a stock .bin file or one that was caputured with a previous version or modified with a pervious version?

This is a stock.tune file read with V7.1.8

I know that Pauls been working hard on fixing a C5 bug in the speedo and I believe it is done in V7.1.9. That being said, do you have the option of reading the PCM in question again with V7.1.9 ?

02Z06
April 12th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I know that Pauls been working hard on fixing a C5 bug in the speedo and I believe it is done in V7.1.9. That being said, do you have the option of reading the PCM in question again with V7.1.9 ?

John, Went and re-installed V7.1.8 and the problem migrated to it. Now all files show High MPH Shift points. Re-Read my 04 Silverado 5.3 with V7.1.8 and no change. The amount that the MPH is off is 37%. Now I re-installed V7.1.9 and will re-read and see what happens.

Jim

02Z06
April 12th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Just tried to Re-Read with V7.1.9 and no luck (Trans Shift Points Still Read about 37% high). I also tried a BB-Log File and cannot get Dynair to log at the same time as Cylair. Has anybody else had this problem with V7.1.9?

02Z06
April 12th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Well been doing some more checking as to why these shift speeds were high with V1.7.9 and come to find out that I did not re-configure the metric units to imperial. (IE: Km to MPH). When I went back through and set up correctly now everything reads OK. Sorry Paul and others, didn't think to re-configure data units after I downloaded V1.7.9.

Bruce Melton
April 13th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I have been tuning and scanning with 1.9 for two days with no obvious bad results. Not saying I have really taxed the capabilities.

Steve Bryant
April 13th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Well been doing some more checking as to why these shift speeds were high with V1.7.9 and come to find out that I did not re-configure the metric units to imperial. (IE: Km to MPH). When I went back through and set up correctly now everything reads OK. Sorry Paul and others, didn't think to re-configure data units after I downloaded V1.7.9.

Paul,

O2ZO6 reminded me of something that I've been meaning to mention but haven't. I think is worth considering having a pair of non-volitile preference files, one for the Tune program and one for the Scan program for that retains the user's desired units of measure that don't get overwritten with each software build iteration. That way, preferences stay just the way each user likes it with updates to the software for both the tuner and the scanner. The obvious exception would be when parameters are added and the tune or scanner preference files must be reconfigured by the user and saved.

All my best,

Steve

PSWired
April 13th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for implementing the 2-speed fan control for the trucks, guys. This is a big help for my project.