PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial

Chevy366
October 25th, 2006, 06:20 AM
The tutorial for the Custom OS shows a section that requires you to copy B0101 VE calibration end values and paste the values into the new A0009 VE Boost Calibration field start and ending values .
The B0101 table in the tune file does not have the same values as the sample in the tutorial , the tutorial show the table value as in kPa the tune file is MAP in Hg , is there a way to change the tune tables to reflect the unit of measurement kPa or is this for a boosted vehicle that already has the B0101 kPa table ?
If not boosted do you need to do this step ?

TAQuickness
October 25th, 2006, 06:37 AM
If memory serves, from the tune tool menu bar, file or edit -> properties. From there you can specify the unit's you wish to see in the editor.

If you are not boosted, you don't necessarily need to do this step, but I do for precautionary measures anyway. You never know when atmospheric pressure will just suddenly increase :D

joecar
October 25th, 2006, 06:42 AM
If memory serves, from the tune tool menu bar, file or edit -> properties. From there you can specify the unit's you wish to see in the editor.

If you are not boosted, you don't necessarily need to do this step, but I do for precautionary measures anyway. You never know when atmospheric pressure will just suddenly increase :DYou mean when you accidentally add a blower... :D

TAQuickness
October 25th, 2006, 07:15 AM
I'll take a look later this evening.

You mean when you accidentally add a blower... :D

:phatyo:

dc_justin
October 25th, 2006, 08:14 AM
True so true , could someone take a look at my.tun file and see if I am going in the right direction ?

Looks like you've got the custom calibrations set up properly for the most part. Your boost ve is increased way too much. 9g/cyl in the 285 kPa column. Set up your 285kPa column by copying the 105kPa column to it. Increase that by 200%, select all and hit shift+F12 to fill linearly.

Also, you have your PE modifier based on RPM set to an AFR of 0.0. If you're looking to effectively disable PE, you'll need to adjust the MAP enable up outside of the range that you'll ever hit. In current form, once you hit 90% throttle, the engine *could* effectively command an infinite amount of fuel (attempting to reach AFR of 0.0). I'd recommend copying your 100kPa column from the commanded AFR vs RPM table to your PE based on RPM.

Garry
October 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM
accidentally adding a blower -- nice thought ... ;)

TAQuickness
October 25th, 2006, 09:22 AM
accidentally adding a blower -- nice thought ... ;)

I would have to justify/explain it to the war department somehow

dc_justin
October 25th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Like so?

Much better.

Didn't check out any other parts of your tune though yet, so someone else may have comments on that stuff.

BTW, what's the highest kPa reading you've seen with that Vararam? I had that well before I bought EFI Live and sold when I picked up my Radix. They claim 1-2psi of pressure inside the manifold upon a shift, but I've never believed it.

Chevy366
October 25th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Much better.

Didn't check out any other parts of your tune though yet, so someone else may have comments on that stuff.

BTW, what's the highest kPa reading you've seen with that Vararam? I had that well before I bought EFI Live and sold when I picked up my Radix. They claim 1-2psi of pressure inside the manifold upon a shift, but I've never believed it.
I did some tweaking to the High and Low Octane tables just a little while ago and loaded them in , if I am reading the right gage , it reads 95 kPa ,WOT setting still , no load , the Vararam is attached to a custom made CIA tube , made by me from Diesel truck intake parts .
Thanks for taking a look and for the corrections . :)